Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All season tires for winter?

on the subject...the 03-06 jeep rubicon`s come factory with GOODYEAR MTR RUBBER. E-LOAD! after talking with other owners, they are not great in winter/rain conditions. awesome tire for off road tho. so with PA winters i swapped them for BRIDGESTONE DUELER AT REVOS. heard good things about this AT. only had them on about 2 weeks now, but awesome AT tire.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikro000 View Post
    Here is my situation: in Austria, by law, we are required in winter to have snow tires on the car. So I have never driven on snow and ice with anything except snow tires. Here in New Mexico we usually get no more than a slight "sugarcoating" in winter, so snow tires were not necessary in the city - that is until last winter. In our backyard we had 17 inches of snow which led most of us on an ice skating tour everytime we used our cars with the summer tires. Clearly that will not do next winter. I first thought about snow tires, but there are several down sides including costs (buying and changing 4 tires for a maximum of 2 weeks of heavy snow a year, that might not even come) and storage (not much space to store the other 4 tires in our garage). Now I see those ads for all-season tires all around. It would be convenient to slap them on and have them on the car all year, even for the 2 weeks of snow. Does anybody have experience with all season tires in snowy conditions?
    What type of vehicle are we talking about here?You have alot of good opinions but for cost I would consider falcon tires from Tire Products By Brand - Discount Tire Direct
    free shipping and a very good tire also.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I put on my wifes explorer and they are the best all round tire I ever owned. They are not noisy great in the rain and if I can`t go in the snow then it is so deep that whatever I`m trying to go to will be canceled anyway.
    The smallest size they come in is 215/75SR15
    much too big for a small car but look at the tread design on these and see if you can Find a tire in the size that you need with a similar tread.
    Most winter tires worth anything are noisy but these are not.
    When I get the Goodyear RTS on my Ranger worn a little more I will buy the Michelin LTX for it also..
    Don`t buy these unless you are going to keep the vehicle these are 80,000 mile tires.
    Michelin LTX A/T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen22 View Post
    What type of vehicle are we talking about here?You have alot of good opinions but for cost I would consider falcon tires from Tire Products By Brand - Discount Tire Direct
    free shipping and a very good tire also.

Good Point Glen - I should have stated that earlier - it`s a Ford Focus 2001 ZX3.
    I think I am informed now. The links and the articles were great! Thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information