a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray-on bedliners

I am considering adding spray-on liners to the business and was hoping for feedback from the DC public. Currently I am debating between Rhino and LineX. These two are the dominant brands(pretty much the only brands) in the area. I am curious to know what peoples` feelings/knowledge/opinions are between the two brands. I will consider other manufacturers;however, I would like strong brand recognition and track record. Any insight??

Thanks in advance for your input

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray-on bedliners

I have a super-liner....It is the same color of my truck ..2004...and it looks as good as the day it was sprayed...no fade..chaulking..and still retains its high gloss...

I carry wood..coal..gravel..steel beams..and not a mark on it..no tears...

I did alot of research before I got this...the most important part is the coating material....what the product is made of...

this may help you out some...they have a forum also...

Bedliner home page

if the 2 you have listed is your choice..go Line-x...I seen Rhinos after a year and they were chaulked..faded..and they spray it thick cause of inferior coating and they tear...

here are some specs on the coating...tensile strenth is what i looked for...that provides the tear resistance and durablility...

Bedliner spec link

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Al,
    Thanks for the info. I have already contacted Bedliner for additional materials. The consensus I am hearing is LineX for the reason you stated and is the one I was leaning towards. However, with your help and others I am checking into Bedliner and Dynaliner. How long have since you had your truck sprayed?

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

My truck was sprayed Feb 2004...and the person who did the job... did a great job....he removed all the bed bolts and tailgate screws and then sprayed it...I got a under the rail spray....I do not like the ones than come over the bed rails...anyways after sprayed he replaced all the bed bolts and screws...makes for a nice clean look...the guy that did mine was a Line-x dealer for 5 years...said he went to a trade show and seen super liner and went with them...no franchise either..you own your buisness...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    no franchise either..you own your buisness...
    AL

Amen to that!!! Start up costs are significantly lower, also. Thanks for your help. I am going to continue my research and I would have to say that Bedliner and Dynaliner have leaped to the front.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at the info on the Dynaliner...I found out they are about 5 minutes from my house..lol....it must be thier corp office....it is in a small office complex....they must be new..I never heard of them before....

there are a few liner installers in town..but none do the dyna liner...

Since they may be new...do research...you do not want to get into a new system and have it go sour on a few trucks...you want a proven system ..so you do not have to dig in your pockets if the system was bad..

A dealer here was doing a system called Gatorback Liners...and the system went sour..he had a lot of come backs..it was the coating that was bad...after a year or 2 it was lifting...shrinking....well needless to say..that truck dealer no longer uses Gatorback liner chemicals..lol....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Thread Information