Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oil Change. Ramps or Jack Stands?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Or have it done by a mechanic that has the equipment to flush the entire system including the torque convertor.
    Just so happens that Honda put out a bulletin that specifically advises AGAINST using those machines because they can load your tranny with crap soo...I don`t really care I drive stick

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650
    Just so happens that Honda put out a bulletin that specifically advises AGAINST using those machines because they can load your tranny with crap soo...I don`t really care I drive stick
    While I don`t drive a Honda, (can`t handle the rust), I did some research on this and there is definitely a lot of discussion on the possible problems associated with the transmission flushing. Guess I will have to visit with my "trusted mechanic" about this.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I figure if I can trust him to do a $600 head gasket replacement, I can trust him for the oil/filter change.
    I don`t trust them for a head gasket replacement either but I don`t know how to do one so I have no choice but to bring it to the shop for service like that. I can tell you that I`m like an expectant father in the waiting room pacing around waiting for them to finish working on the car. First thing I do is go over it front/back and top/bottom.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I don`t trust them for a head gasket replacement either but I don`t know how to do one so I have no choice but to bring it to the shop for service like that. I can tell you that I`m like an expectant father in the waiting room pacing around waiting for them to finish working on the car. First thing I do is go over it front/back and top/bottom.
    Anthony, you need to find a different mechanic.
    It`s kind of like the "Let someone else detail your car" thing. I don`t, but there are a lot of people that I would let do it if they were to volunteer.
    Over the years, I have been a definite DIY type of person and have often wished I had never started the project. Some things I just accept as being better done by others.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony, you need to find a different mechanic.
    It`s kind of like the "Let someone else detail your car" thing. I don`t, but there are a lot of people that I would let do it if they were to volunteer.
    Over the years, I have been a definite DIY type of person and have often wished I had never started the project. Some things I just accept as being better done by others.

Charles
    I use the dealership around here and I have to admit they have been very good. I am just battle scared from previous experiences with other vehicles and now I don`t trust anybody because I know that there is no one who will take care with your vehicle as well as you will yourself. As a result I do as much as I can myself and only bring it in for service if I have no choice and I try to live with all the heart attacks I have while waiting for them to finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information