Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
For either set of the bulbs mentioned are they "plug and play"? I`ve toyed with the idea of LED tails and blinkers in the past, but the bad optics and a need to add other electronic components which allow them to blink correctly and not throw codes due to voltage differences always held me back. I`m not thrilled with my tail lights. I feel both the brake lights and the blinkers are a bit dim during daylight/full sun scenarios.

6500K lights are way too blue for me. I prefer the OEM 4500~5500 which are more in the daylight/white lite part of the spectrum. I like the idea though. They look like less of a hassle than a high quality HID kit. As long as you have a good projector housing for them....

I have upgraded to LED bulbs in my tails, turn signals, and reverse lights. Depending on your vehicle, you can buy an LED specific relay for the turn signals (Diode Dynamics or TapTurn, I have TapTurn). For taillights, you can either buy canbus specific bulbs or you can make a mini wiring harness to go between the oem harness and the bulb socket, you can add a resistor to the mini harness. For tail lights, I live with my tail light warning light because it isn`t a good idea to add resistors to tail lights, the resistors slow down their activation. I have had the JDM Astar bulbs specific to my vehicle for almost two years without any problems, they are affordable, not the most expensive and not the cheapest. The light output is great for a three sided LED bulb, nice and even and bright, relative to the bulb. Of course the shape of the housing is important, mine are circular and find the output acceptable. The importance of optics really only becomes a concern with regards to a vehicles driving lights. With the brightness of the bulbs in my tail lamps, the tail lamps pretty much act as functional fog lights. Since I installed the bulbs, I have never had a problem with someone tailgating me during inclement weather.