Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Its hard to get low interest rates with both honda and toyota. All the other Stealerships off low rates, normally 4-7 months after the car has been on the market. Mazda and ford are the main stealerships with low rates

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, but I really don`t think Ford or Mazda make a vehicle that I would be interested in owning. Maybe a mazdaspeed Miata, but that`s about it. I`m not looking for new either. I`d rather let someone else eat that depreciation and get something that is a year or so old. There are a few `05 Highlanders and Pilots that I`ve looked at this week. My credit union will give me 4% financing right now, so I will probably go through them for th loan anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got a 2004 Acura MDX, which is pretty much the same as a Honda Pilot (lots of people don`t think the Acura is worth the extra money). It feels a lot bigger than a Highlander, or in my comparison, a Lexus RX350 (it is a few inches wider and taller). The Lexus felt narrow, like a small vehicle. I can get 24mpg (on premium) if I stick to 65mph, not bad for permanent AWD.

The 3rd row seats in the Explorer and MDX are big enough for a couple of small teenagers. I don`t think anyone bigger than an 8-year old is going to be comfortable in the 3rd row seat in the Highlander.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Or they even have the Hybrid model but don`t expect a lot of performance.
    Are you kidding?

The Hybrid Highlander has the same V-6 engine as the non-hybrid, and adds a couple electric motors (AWD version) with massive amounts of torque at zero rpm. It`s a full second faster in 0-60mph than the non-hybrid, 7.05 seconds as tested by Edmunds.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Jngrbrdman]
    Anyway, we`ll see what happens. Maybe I`ll just put a For Sale page up on my site and see what kind of interest I get [QOUTE] My Mom bought a 07 Camry and after driving a Highlander they gave her as a loaner she`s ready to dump the camry. btw,Off hand do you know the price of the Highlander ?

I forgot to mention the legacy. I`m interested only if you can stop so i can see it
    in person and of course i`ll need to drive it.we can talk detailing too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredNGrouchy
    Are you kidding?

The Hybrid Highlander has the same V-6 engine as the non-hybrid, and adds a couple electric motors (AWD version) with massive amounts of torque at zero rpm. It`s a full second faster in 0-60mph than the non-hybrid, 7.05 seconds as tested by Edmunds.
    Nope not kidding I just didn`t know. I`ve driven a Prius and that hybrid lacks performance so I assumed that it was that same engine combo in the Highlander but I guess that`s not the case.

Joe- The base is about $24,500, Sport $27,000 and then the rest go all of the way near $38,000.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is pretty much a done deal. I found a freakin loaded 03 Pilot with 30K miles on it for $22K. The dealership offered me $21K on my car which is actually pretty damn good. With the sales tax thing you get with that too it turns out that I got pretty much what I was hoping to get by selling it outright. That works out nicely. The best thing is that I get to go back to my old ways of shining the crap out of a silver car. The dark paint was sure gorgeous when it was cleaned up, but man was it a lot of work to keep it that way.... This truck is silver with dark grey leather interior and will be more like taking care of my Honda or my Acura than it was with the Subie. Now I can post pictures of my exploits in detailing without feeling embarassed that I`m kind of cheating showing pictures of a dark car in the shade.

I was pleased with the deal. I could turn around and trade this sucker in for nearly what I paid for it right now, so hopefully I`ll be able to pay it down past it`s depreciation point and keep ahead of it. That is typically the way it works with Hondas, so this should be good. I was disappointed that my Legacy depreciated 33% in the first year and a half of owning it, but I guess that`s what I get for buying a new car. I knew that going in, but I was impatient and wanted to reward myself for landing my new job back then. Now with the family expanding and wanting the added towing potential to expand my detailing business, this makes a lot more sense to own. I`ll be posting pictures next week for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the purchase of the vehicle of choice. It is always a fun time with a new vehicle during the first few days.

Look forward to the pictures in the future.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    . . . This truck is silver with dark grey leather interior and will be more like taking care of my Honda or my Acura than it was with the Subie. . . .
    - a Pilot has a lot more "real estate" than your Honda or Acura!!! But you`re young & strong & you already have one great little helper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    . . . I was disappointed that my Legacy depreciated 33% in the first year and a half of owning it, but I guess that`s what I get for buying a new car. . .
    - OUCH!!! I think you`ll be happier with the gentler depreciation curve of your Honda

Congratulations, Jngr!! Welcome back to the Honda family!! Many safe, happy & shiny miles in your "new" Pilot!!
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my best friends has a 2006 Honda Pilot that he really likes.
    He also has recently had a Honda Odyssey, 2 Accords, a Prelude and has been very happy with all of them. They all retained a very good resale price except for the Prelude. It was a tough sale. Takes a special buyer to pay the kind of money the Preludes command. In Des Moines, Iowa, not many people will pay the price.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

It`s hard to go wrong with a Honda or a Toyota. Enjoy it Anthony. Let us
    see some pics soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information