Post Thanks / Like

Seeking good body shop in Cinci/Northern KY area

Well, a friend backed into my car in his driveway today. So, I`m wondering if anybody knows of a good (actually, better than just good) body shop in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area. This Nighthawk Black Pearl, I`m guessing, is not going to be an easy color.

-Kaos
    -Kaos!
    1999 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4, Metallic Green, Silver Trim
    :duel Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Thrust!

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking good body shop in Cinci/Northern KY area

Sorry about your bad luck man. How bad is the damage? Is your friend alright? Not necessarily from the accident, but from you maybe not being able to restrain yourself. I hope your new car gets fixed back up to new standards.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking good body shop in Cinci/Northern KY area

It`s not very bad. I didn`t get any pix of it yet, but he basically just caught the left rear corner right behind the fender, and into the rear bumper and tail light some. Some repair work on the fender and bumper, a new tail light, and paint.

Any body shop that can stay in business will be able to do the repair, it`s mainly the paint work that I`m worried about. If you`ve seen my picture thread, you can see that it`s not going to be a real easy effect to match, so I need a shop that uses top-notch paints sprayed by top-notch professionals.

I was actually working on DACP`ing his wife`s A6 when it happened, so I just finished the last panel I had to do while I enhanced my calm...

In the end, although I`m rather miffed about it happening in general, to be honest, I couldn`t have been hit by a better guy... He`s an enthusiast like me, so the work will be done at the best quality shop available, and we`re already planning on going tomorrow to get a quote from the shop that did his 911 when he (punch line here --> ) backed the 911 into his Pathfinder, which was parked in the same spot my car was parked today, which he backed into with said Pathfinder, thus scraping up the OTHER back corner of said Pathfinder. Poor guy. His wife is really, really not happy. heh

And, since I can usually manage to find at least some little tidbit of good in most things bad... I figure since they`ll be spraying my body color anyway, I`m gonna see if they`ll do the foglight housings right away, hopefully a little cheaper than if I just brought them in as a job all by themselves. That`s a project that was on the slate with no real timetable in mind... it might have just gotten moved up.
    -Kaos!
    1999 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4, Metallic Green, Silver Trim
    :duel Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Thrust!

Thread Information