Post Thanks / Like

Question New Mini Cooper S

My parents just bought a some what new mini from my uncle (who passed away last august). Since we live in Illinois and it requires a front lience plate. My question is to any mini cooper owners where to install it? and how easy it was to install? thanks for any help
    1988 Volvo 244DL w/ GL wheels dark red
    2003 Volvo XC70 ash gold metallic
    getting the car dirty is half the battle, washing is the fun part

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mini Cooper S

here you go

Post Thanks / Like

Martin unfrotunaetly that is an euro license plate not a us plate for some reason i prefer out of the states plate though but he asking how easy is it to install.....

AgentXc: sorry to hear about that....as far as license plate, i know a freind who had to drill a hole and add a bracket of some sort to hold the plate another option is go to your dealer or go to a speed shop and see if they have any suggestions they should have the parts to install even chain stores like autzsone or pep boys but i sure it will entail some drilling and measuring...what i did with my car even though is not a mini, plus my car has the holes for the plate but i dont like the look of it, but my state requires it to be on, like im sure yours does thats why your probably asking to install it, i just place my inside my car inbetween the windsheild and dashboard....but that not leagal it must be bolted on the bumper...should you need more advice and no other reply i would suggest a forum called MOL i believe his name is richard he has a mini and is in a mini car club plus he detail he might be able to help you out should you need more help let me know pm me...hope that helps even though it didnt HEHE!
    another day another dollar

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Djmigs
    Martin unfrotunaetly that is an euro license plate not a us plate for some reason i prefer out of the states plate though but he asking how easy is it to install.....
    I think Martin might have known that was a Euro plate and could have been pulling agentxc_02`s leg just a little.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t you just place the Cooper on a full sized license plate?

No seriously, I`m sure that alot of states require them. I would be really surprised if a Cooper dealer didn`t have some kind of kit.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

exactly, contact the dealer and they will set you up ,or go to a bodyshop and check with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    Don`t you just place the Cooper on a full sized license plate?
    I don`t care who ya are that`s funny. LOL
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Martin might have known that was a Euro plate and could have been pulling agentxc_02`s leg just a little.

Charles
    Thanks for the "suport" Charles

Martin unfrotunaetly that is an euro license plate not a us plate for some reason i prefer out of the states plate though but he asking how easy is it to install
    I know that´s a Euro license plate, but the US license plate will possibly be placed in the same place (with different measures off course)!! :yes:

Post Thanks / Like

Double sided adhesive tape! If you ever remove it, all you would need is some goo gone and maybe some AIO to clean it up.

No DRILLING!
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    Double sided adhesive tape! If you ever remove it, all you would need is some goo gone and maybe some AIO to clean it up.

No DRILLING!
    :yes:
    Keep Detailing! :drunk:

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: New Mini Cooper S

We have the kit from the mini cooper dealer . It includes the bracket and srews to mount. I am just wandering about the air flow by the plate to the lower air dam on the front of the car. Thanxz for all the info. :eat:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agentxc_02
    I am just wandering about the air flow by the plate to the lower air dam on the front of the car. Thanxz for all the info. :eat:
    Unless you`re going to be autocrossing or doing hillclimb races you shouldn`t have too much trouble with airflow into the radiator. A lot of the air that passes through comes from below the car anyway, the plate might actually help by agitating the air before it hits the radiator (a minor help, very minor if anything)
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: New Mini Cooper S

Where can i get the double sided tape? My dad i don`t think he wants to drill holes into the front bumper :ermm: That route is simple and no drilling is always a plus. Yes we are going to autocross the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you do have heat problems just take the plate off when you race, shouldn`t be hard at all. You`ll definetly have the tools with you (right? I hope you`d have at least a set of wrenches with you) to remove it/reinstall.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Home Depot, Lowes, any hardware store really. Get the 3M Brand. Look for a good strong adhesive. Ask the attendants or what not. Then before you tape the plate. Clean the back of the plate and the surface area you`re going to mount. Wipe down the area with full strength Alcohal (Johnny Walker works best, JK. Any Isopropyl Alcohal will work). Lube the area with some dilluted dawn soap and water. Begin to apply the plate. Position it how you want it. then firmly begin to press the plate against the surface of the paint. Hold it there for a couple of minutes. Then let it dry for 3-4 hours. A hair dryer will spead the process and help the soap dry. Wax the areas the alcohal and dilluted soap came in contact with.

My explanation sounds rather difficult but its really easy. I used the same method to apply the bonnet stripes on my old mini cooper and to mount the front euro plate on my cousin`s BRONCO (yes I know, , to each his own).
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Thread Information