Thread: Rug Kits?

Post Thanks / Like

Rug Kits?

I have a 94 Sentra that I would like to put a rug kit in...I know where to get it online...was wondering if anyone here has any experience with doing this and tips....thanks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rug Kits?

Make sure you get a pre molded or pre formed carpet. Makes it alot easier when laying it down, conforms to all the bumps and such. And buy a good quality peice, you don`t want to wear a hole in it where your foot lays do you? I`ve known people to buy the cheap replacements and within 6 months there were worn out spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I figuered on the molded one....here is the site that I was going to use...what do you think of the quality....its really hard to tell from the site...anyone have others that they have used?

http://www.stockinteriors.com/Default.asp

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to check with a few aftermarket shops in your area and see what company they use. that might steer you towards a good brand. even if you have to pay more, if it last longer than it is worth it. taking out the interior will be a fun task. i have done that at work on a few cars and it drove me nuts(more than i am already)

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Thanks I figuered on the molded one....here is the site that I was going to use...what do you think of the quality....its really hard to tell from the site...anyone have others that they have used?

I know a few people on a custom truck forum that bought carpets from them with good results. I just bought a really nice one from a local interior shop for my s10, i`ll take a few pictures of it and tell you where it came from tomorrow. Make sure you got some star bits too, you`ll need them to remove the seat belts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximv1
    you might want to check with a few aftermarket shops in your area and see what company they use. that might steer you towards a good brand. even if you have to pay more, if it last longer than it is worth it. taking out the interior will be a fun task. i have done that at work on a few cars and it drove me nuts(more than i am already)
    This Sentra is so simple its crazy for interior, two seats and some molding around the doors...its rally a plain Jane car.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I know a few people on a custom truck forum that bought carpets from them with good results. I just bought a really nice one from a local interior shop for my s10, i`ll take a few pictures of it and tell you where it came from tomorrow. Make sure you got some star bits too, you`ll need them to remove the seat belts

I do have a full set of star bits but the seat belts are attached to the doors in this model....the other side you clip to I`m not sure will have to look at that...as I stated above this is a plain jane car not real hassle to remove anything that I can see

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

the center cosole might be difficult. i had to replace a cup holder in a 05 maxima and had to remove over 50% of the console to replace. :censored: it was a very wierd set up. i don`t know about your year of sentra, i hope it goes well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another place that sells the pre molded carpet.

http://www.auto-interior.com/

I got mine from the place you posted and it is a nice grade although I suggest upgrading to the premium version. Install is pretty staright forward. Gut interior and I would suggest adding some sound deadner since you have it all out anyway. You can get fatmat from http://fatmat.com the 50 Sq. Ft. kit should be good. Once you get that done lay the new carpet in the vehicle and arrange it so it is in place. Then once you have it where you want it use a very shapr razor blade and cut a X over all the bolt holes for seats seatbelts and anything else that needs to be done. Take your time and it will come out nice.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the links i need new carpets

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy

Thanx for the link. I`ll bookmark it. My kit would be only $225, which would be better than me getting $100 in carpet & underlay and doing it myself. I think.
    Brenton Dickieson

Thread Information