Post Thanks / Like

best tires money can buy?

what tires do u guys recommend for dry/wet traction. currently im driving on potenza so-3`s but was wondering if there was something better. these tires run at 200 bucks a pop but i dont mind paying for more expensive ones, as i would be purchasing them 2 tires at a time until these wear out.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best tires money can buy?

I was watching Car and Driver on Spike TV just yesterday and they had a wet/dry tire test. The test vehicle was a 2006 3 series, ironically. Here is the article The results start on page 10.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in the market last year, I spent a lot of time at Tire Rack researching as many tires as I could. I finally got the BF Goodrich Traction T/A VR tires.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

The best tires I have found have been Avon`s. I ran Avon M500`s this summer and right now I am running Avon M550`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porkanbeans
    I was watching Car and Driver on Spike TV just yesterday and they had a wet/dry tire test. The test vehicle was a 2006 3 series, ironically. Here is the article The results start on page 10.

I was gonna post that, too .

My next hi-perf tires will be the Yoko Advan Neova`s (#3 spot). Superior dry traction and pretty good wet traction. I`m not much of a crazy driver in the rain, so I don`t see a need for amazing wet traction.

joyride: S-03`s are some of the best tires on the road. However, as you already know, they are PRICEY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I finally got the BF Goodrich Traction T/A VR tires.

I have the same exact tires on my Firebird. Good road grip, good wet and dry traction. And very good on snow (something which us rear-wheel-drive people are concerned about!)
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been happy with my pirelli(sp?) p7000
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    I was gonna post that, too .

My next hi-perf tires will be the Yoko Advan Neova`s (#3 spot). Superior dry traction and pretty good wet traction. I`m not much of a crazy driver in the rain, so I don`t see a need for amazing wet traction.

joyride: S-03`s are some of the best tires on the road. However, as you already know, they are PRICEY!

would u say my so-3`s are better tires than the ones on the car and driver review page?

i cant really find any comparable test on it. just user reviews. if theres something better i want it. im not a crazy driver in the rain either. so basically i want the ebst dry traction and good wet traction. but if the so-3`s i ahve are the BEST of both worlds then i dont see why i shouldnt get them.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

My dad has S-03`s on his Cobra.

When he went to purchase them, he talked with the owner of a tire shop (probably the largest one in Long Island, NY). He pretty much said, "Price is not an option, I want the best tires for dry weather out there". He quickly referred to the S-03`s. The tires ended up having to be special ordered and priced out more than his wheels.

I would try to contact C&D if I were you and call around to tire shops. Furthermore, I would talk to people on the BMW forums and see whos using what for Auto-Xing, dragging, road driving (whatever suits your need).

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re looking for huge dry grip with decent wet grip you could always spring for some Toyo RA-1`s. Yes, I know it`s a race compound, but they`re not too expensive (for that much grip) and they have a huge amount of dry traction with wet traction that`s high enough to race with. Just a thought.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Joy: I don`t understand, didn`t you just get the new set of Potenzas like a month ago? Did you get two blowouts or something that you want to replace them with something else?
    Anyway I think you have one of the best tires you can buy, if money isn`t a concern. As someone else said C&D just did the test on YOUR car, so you can see how some other tires did, I don`t think yours we`re in it.

Thread Information