Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new 06 997 Porsche Carrera S!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDetail
    WOW I would definitely go with the Zaino Z2p. You cannot go wrong with the PO85RD either. Does the P have ceramic paint? Either way I do not think you can beat the 085rd or 106ff.

Does it come with a leather dash? You also need to pick up some Z9 and Z10 for the seats.

Hang in there, spring/your P car will be here soon.
    Oh yea, New shipment of Zaino Z2Pro, Z6, Z6 and ZFX arrived last week. Old stock I had to toss.

I HAVE Z-9 and Z-10 already from when I have the Lexus SC430. Love the smell of Z-10! It`s as close to that new leather smell!

Wish I new which ship it`s on so I can track it!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting is the hardest part. The second hardest is keeping it under 4200rpm for the first 2k miles. You should check out www.6speedonline.com a great site. here a few of my ride
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Funny, I started looking into the Z06, but after driving a Porsche C2S there is no way I could accept a Z06! And, I`m a former L-88 Vette owner (`69) and which I still had that monster. Yes, the Vette has gobs of HP and Torque, but interior SCREAMS GM, steering feels like you`re driving a much bigger car and not as responsive. Oh yea, it is noisy, hot and after you park it, enjoy the smell of melting plastic! The interior gets alot of road noise from tires and other noises, it gets hot as hell in there. I guess it`s from using balsa wood floor wrapped in carbon fiber. BUT... If you`re a muscle-car person, then the Z06 is for you. Next, try to get a test drive...Most dealers have them in showroom and will not let most test these things.

I myself love to drive fast around corners, handling and feel is what I like. OK, so maybe It`s not as fast off the line, but in the twisties, it`s damn fast, sounds great, looks great, interior is the best "P" car yet. Steering is by far, the best feel!

As for price, well, how much HP stuff do you want? Let`s see, I added Sport Exhaust, Sport Shifter, Adaptive Sport Seats, Sport Steering Wheel, Porsche Ceramic Brakes, Aerokit, Sport Chrono, Bose, Nav, and a few other items. Now the C2S starts at $82K. Add all that... $117K. And thats not with the X51 power upgrade another $17K for only 26HP... NOT!

So the Vette is a bargin, but if you want to drive it all the time, be ready for noise, hot and unresponsive steering feel. But you have 500HP! BTW, don`t believe all you read in Motor Trend. That rag is HEAVY GM influenced! Besides, compare 500HP to 355HP...Now if it was a GT3 or Turbo, now you have a better match!
    My "P" car will be a WE car for now. Oh yea, no ceramic paint. Soft as hell Porsche paint!

Regards,
    Deanski
    Enjoy your new car!!! They are very nice. I agree the fit/finish of the interior is very nice in the porsche, but darn at $90-117k it better be. Then how much would the GT3 or turbo be? Its not really GMs fault that porsche only put 355hp in the car. I could also say that don`t believe what Deanski says, as he is very porsche influenced.

If the steering is so unresponsive then why does it turn better lap times?

Please enjoy your car and I would love to drive it on the track. But don`t hate the #s that you read.

Post Thanks / Like

Better lap times due to HP/speed difference, not steering input. Steering input is very responsive in a Porsche and not as much in the Z06.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Better lap times due to HP/speed difference, not steering input. Steering input is very responsive in a Porsche and not as much in the Z06.

Deanski
    And this is comming from a former `69 L-88 Vette owner!

Drive a Z06 then drive a Porsche Carerra S and you tell me.... Nothing wrong with the Z06, but.. it does feel much slower in response and it feels you`re driving a much bigger car. Gee must be that big A** V-* in front!

The Z06 with better tires is one killer car!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new 06 997 Porsche Carrera S! UPDATED

Well, found out the ships name: VEGA LEADER and it`s due into port on 04/02/06 at 15:00!:w00t:

Still cannot track the ship by name or call number. Maybe a ghost ship?

Or Porsche left the damn stealth-mode turned on in the car when it left Germany!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gxlex
    Waiting is the hardest part. The second hardest is keeping it under 4200rpm for the first 2k miles. You should check out www.6speedonline.com a great site. here a few of my ride
    You got that right! The wait sucks, but keeping it under 4200RPM is just not right!

Nice pics, and I see you also did the clear side lenses. I dropped off the clear lenses yesterday to the dealer.

I also opened my satellite kit from a Cayeene to get the SID prior to the install. Since 997`s have no satellite option, we`ve found that using the Cayeene optional satellite kit (Sirius or XM) and depending on what you have in the 997 (CD-Changer or no CD-Changer) you can get satellite on your PCM with logo and all! It even displays on the dials! If you go to RENNLIST on the 997 forum, look for the "I Have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab" which has part listings and pics of the install by one member who did it himself. Porsche still needs to "add" the feature via the PIWIS to make it all work.

I also dropped off a 32oz bottle of Menzerna P085RD to the dealer and met with the lead detailer who does work that`s 100% high standards. They are "playing" with the polish prior to the C2S arriving. A

Also, Armorglove will stop by at the dealer and install the film on the front-end and rocker panels, door cups and side mirrors as I had on the Lexus SC430. After that, a quick coat of Zaino Z2Pro and I`ll be off.

I just which I could track that damn ship!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I`m at work right now and this just came across the AP wire. I thought the name of the ship sounded familiar.

Panamanian cargo ship feared lost in North Atlantic

By LIRPA SLOOF
    Associated Press Writer

LONDON, UK

A cargo ship laden with new automobiles destined for an eastern US port has been reported lost in heavy seas in the North Atlantic. The ship, Vega Leader, registered under the Panamanian Flag, broadcast a distress call at 0600 GMT on Friday, reporting that she was taking on water through several hull breaches. No further broadcasts have been received from the Vega Leader. The US Coast Guard has dispatched helicopters, and the medium cutter Alex Haley to search the vessel`s last known position.

Gotcha! April Fools!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s just plain mean!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that was mean! But funny just as well.

Should arrive today at 15:00, then offload on Monday.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dean, what`s the latest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse
    Hey Dean, what`s the latest?
    Car is in port and very well maybe on the truck! Dealer has put an expidite on the car, so it could arrive early next week.

Once in, the Cayeene satellite kit (Sirius) goes in, a new Bluetooth K-40 gets installed as well. Then, Armorglove will put the film on once all other work has been completed.

Then, I`m going to pick it up OR have them trailer it to the house so we can make sure I clear these speed bumps the association has. No matter what, I`ll be taking time off work to drive my ass off! Dying to hear the sport exhaust!

It`s been a long wait, but the light at the end of the tunnel is very close!

Dealer will be taking pics as well since this is the most "modded" car direct from Porsche they`ve ever ordered! The only option I did not get was the X51 power upgrade (26 extra HP) for a whopping $17,000. Besides, a few ECU upgrades and other items and I`ll have more HP anyway.

The shop has a full 32oz bottle of P085RD ready and waiting to make that black look like a mirror! They mostly use the new 3M polishes used for VW/Audi waterborne paints. Also I see they use Malco too.

It`s getting close guys!:w00t:

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! It`s HERE!

HOLY CRAP! IT ARRIVED AT THE DEALER JUST NOW!

Oh man, just got word my Porsche C2S is now at the dealer prepcenter!!!

I`m going to sneek out an see her today!!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS ONE SICK LOOKING CAR!!!

Pics to follow soon, dealer taking shots as she sits now! Forgot camera, I was sooo excited!

Details to follow!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like

This is like waiting for Santa....LOL

you go boy!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information