Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think Audi`s interior is `better` than Ford`s?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie
    Yes bikinis are good, but back to subject I find that almost all the major US auto makers have crappy mostly plastic interiors...just my 2 cents....nevertheless I still buy then again and again. :shuriken:
    I couldn`t agree more. Most U.S. cars have interiors that are

On the subject of Zymol Vintage, I would NEVER pay $1500 for this wax. Having said that, I use this wax regularly and it`s the best wax I`ve ever used hands down no contest. It`s just not 100x`s better than other waxes. Maybe only 10x`s.

Post Thanks / Like

When you say it is the best you have used, what makes it the best? I see low durabilty and its a pain in the ass to apply and buff off. Pinnacle Signature or Trade Secret apply much easier and look just as good from what I have seen. The durability on those is better than Vintage too from my testing. I`m curious to know what you are using as a basis for comparison. I was expecting it to be a lot better than it is for what the price tag says.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll tell you 1 thing for sure, my new F150`s interior blows my Tundra`s interior away...

not even a contest

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson controls is contracted to design and manufacture the components, to the customers specs, that only means they will do what the customer tells them to.
    The customer will dictate the quality of the materials to be used not Johnson, and even then it still will have final assembly done at the auto manufacturer.

Here is a simple example
    Auto maker "A" wants fine grade leather with 9 clips to hold the panel in place.
    Auto maker "B" wants the least expensive leather with only 6 clips to hold the panel in place.
    Both are being designed and manufactured by Johnson, but which do you think will hold up to the test of time.

JMHO
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously you have never sat in a Ford and an Audi? I live about 5 minutes from Johnson Controls and know a few employees there. They make everything from car seats for the Jeeps to home thermostats. Just because they make it doesn`t mean it is all the same. It all depends on what material and design the companies spec out and use. Audi could spec out nice quality leather and Ford cardboard for all they care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    Johnson controls is contracted to design and manufacture the components, to the customers specs, that only means they will do what the customer tells them to.
    The customer will dictate the quality of the materials to be used not Johnson, and even then it still will have final assembly done at the auto manufacturer.

Here is a simple example
    Auto maker "A" wants fine grade leather with 9 clips to hold the panel in place.
    Auto maker "B" wants the least expensive leather with only 6 clips to hold the panel in place.
    Both are being designed and manufactured by Johnson, but which do you think will hold up to the test of time.

JMHO
    "J"
    +1 I couldn`t myself have better it said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information