Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Air Intake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cold Air Intake

Quote Originally Posted by cgc2
    also worth researching are any issues such as CEL`s becoming an issue after the CAI mod.
    What are CEL`s?
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Focusedonsound
    What are CEL`s?
    Check Engine Light

I think the disadvantages and risks you take with a cold air intake far outweight the advantages. I would get one for my RSX, but the fear of hydrolock steers me away from them. :nono
    Its just not worth the chance of blowing my motor for 4-5 hp if that. I`m not sure if you drive in rain, or how much rain you get where you live, i`m guessing a lot since your from FL, but I would definately consider the disadvantages and risks of hydrolock. I do plan on putting one of those K&N drop in filters that run $50 bucks. I`m not expecting any gains, but the fact that its reusable is appealing to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re car`s a manual (and seeing as how you have a BMW I hope it is) then I think it`s a worthwhile investment for just the throttle response. It`s a bit harder to learn (my first stick came with a CAI) but once you`ve got shifting for yourself down it`s great, no slop or downtime, punch it and instant acceleration. It sounds better too.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an Nissan Altima or Maxima http://www.berktechnology.com/intakes.html
    I have the V2 installed on my Altima. The intakes are Warm Air intakes. Their is no big difference between CAI and WAI. I love this intake. Produces a great sound.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    LOL. YES. WE SHALL.

klnyc. its actually for the bimmer. k&n just emailed me back to tell me that they havent come out with one for the 06` 330i. sucks. they say it`ll be a little longe until then.

I would wait til K&N comes out with one for your car. I`m going to order one for my truck shortly. I`ve had one on almost all my vehicles and have never been dissapointed with its performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daos
    i do not think the CAI are worth the money. in reality, your really going to see maybe 3hp to the wheels. they always claim 6-7hp to the wheels but this is done on a dyno with absolutely perfect conditions. for 200+ dollars, I can think of alot more things to do to my truck than a cold air intake. For the scion, TRD makes a drop in filter replacement that increases the horse power almost equal to the CAI and its only 50 bucks. Now, you dont get the cool looking pipe under your hood, but the performance and longevity is there. In my opinion, the CAI is mainly for looks and people who enter car shows and show off thier engine. Its more of a cosmetic thing than a performance for the price you are paying.
    Tru`er word have never been spoken. CAI are crap as far as mods go they are way over priced period. You want performance open up the exhaust any race/car nut will tell you to start from the exhaust to the motor. Hell I still have the factory air box on my 5.0 for this same reason. I`d rather go to home depot and make my own CAI for about $20. Do exhaust let it exhaul then make it inhale later.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information