I detail therefore I am
    Post Thanks / Like

Car dinged... (Very high res pics)

Well some a**hole finally eff`d up my car and then the wife puts another ding on it to top it all off. Are these repairable or am I stuck with taking it to the bodyshop?

Ding 1 - wife raised the back of the cargo door into the top of the garage door when getting groceries out of the back. There was a metal piece on the garage door she hit (did this twice.... GRRR!)

Here is wife ding #2

Here is what some spineless a**hole did and didnt bother to leave a note or anything...

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be extremely helpful guys even if it is bad news. The last ding I have tried claying extensively and go it down to this (it was much larger in size). It seems like it is plastic scuff that is baked on. Now the smaller streaks below the darker dot I`m pretty sure will come out with the PC but wasnt so sure about the dot one.

I will try to get a better quality pic on the last one...this one didnt turn out so well.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car dinged... (Very high res pics)

hard to tell from the pics but the rule of thumb is that if you can run your finernail over it and feel it then it is too deep to buff out. You might want to try some factory touch up paint. You can go to the appropriate dealer to get that. For any paint scuffs you have try some megs scratch x.

O and take it easy on your wife. Im sure she didnt set out to make that. Accidents happen. It was inconsiderate of the person not leaving a note on the one ding. You might try to put a towel over the metal peice on the garage so that it wont scratch the paint in the future.

Greg

I detail therefore I am
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    hard to tell from the pics but the rule of thumb is that if you can run your finernail over it and feel it then it is too deep to buff out. You might want to try some factory touch up paint. You can go to the appropriate dealer to get that. For any paint scuffs you have try some megs scratch x.

O and take it easy on your wife. Im sure she didnt set out to make that. Accidents happen. It was inconsiderate of the person not leaving a note on the one ding. You might try to put a towel over the metal peice on the garage so that it wont scratch the paint in the future.

Greg
    Of course I would never yell at my wife for something like that. I was just a little miffed that she did it twice. I have since taken the metal latch off the garage door so no more worries there.

Post Thanks / Like

touch up paint. the car is silver. no one will ever notice. it it bugs u that much u can learn to repair it with touchup paint and wet sanding or u can take it to a bodyshop... either one will be fine, the car is light.

side note: go clean that emblem... its all about the details

I detail therefore I am
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    touch up paint. the car is silver. no one will ever notice. it it bugs u that much u can learn to repair it with touchup paint and wet sanding or u can take it to a bodyshop... either one will be fine, the car is light.

Hehe, I have tried q-tips to get in there but doesnt seem to work well. I know it look tacky. What would you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113

:yeah

the dent/scuff in the 3rd. pic. should come out with pdr and some compound.for emblems, i use soft bristle brush in those areas to get the heavy stuff off. check woth your local car dealers for who they use for pdr or check in the yellow pages.

I detail therefore I am
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximv1
    :yeah

the dent/scuff in the 3rd. pic. should come out with pdr and some compound.for emblems, i use soft bristle brush in those areas to get the heavy stuff off. check woth your local car dealers for who they use for pdr or check in the yellow pages.
    pdr=? Never heard of it before. "Something" dent remover?

Post Thanks / Like

PDR=Paintless Dent Repair

Perhaps some AIO can clean up the emblem area.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

toothpicks, qd spray and a microfiber cloth for me.

Thread Information