Post Thanks / Like

Todays Detail . . .

NOT!
    To start I read a thread over at Autopia today about someone who burned their clutch at about 70K and people were saying that the thing sould be about shot by that time. I am reading this saying to myself "Wow, my last car went up to 135K without any problems, must be how good of a driver you are" . . . fastforward an hour . . .
    I had a 2004 Corvette Z06 scheduled for today but I ran into a problem. On the way to Starbucks for the morning caffiene rush my car started to make a light squeal, 15 seconds later going down the hill after shifting into 4th gear the clutch did not release like normal and the squeal got louder . . . by the time I pulled into the lot there was a light smoke bellowing from the hood and I knew something was wrong. Turns out after my father showed up to help me out he figures the release bearing was stuck against the flywheel (making the noise) and the clutch is fully shot. So great a new Centerforce clutch and bearing we`re talking about $450. I figure the nightmare is over but after waiting 90 minutes for a tow truck the guy gets my car to my fathers friends garage. As he is backing the car in my father and I noticed a drip from under my car. Upon looking the tow guy, either hooking up my car wihtout any reserve or his driving 70 in a 30 over some nasty roads, wound up punching a hole in my crankcase. Not only did I have to cancel my detail and have to get a new clutch but now this . . . what a day. Atleast the tow guy said he would pay for the damage he caused from his own pocket. I had to open my mouth this morning didn`t I . . .
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Todays Detail . . .

Wow man that sucks talk about Murphy`s Law.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Todays Detail . . .

tow guy seemed nice about it though...i wouldnt think alot of guys would do that....yea cars are alot of work somtimes...

it always seems to come in spurts to dosnt it...ur car can run fine and u wont have to spend a dime on repairs for 2 years then everything happens at once...about how it works.

Thread Information