Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, first time posting in this section. I am installing leather interior on a dodge ram, and I also purchased heated seats. The seats need to be wired, they come with switches, and fuses etc... I need to hook them up to power. Is a cigarette lighter the same voltage I need? Ie is the cigarette lighter power supply the same as say running a power line from the battery? I have done plenty of stereo installs in my time as a DIY. Also I need to find a "remote switch". But also one that is hooked up to the lights, as there is an led on the switches. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My one suggestion would be to make sure you use ignition power, as a safety device to ensure the seats turn on/off with the vehicle. I`ve done these kits before in the past, they`re pretty simple.

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock817
    Hello all, first time posting in this section. I am Cheap In Dash DVD Player leather interior on a dodge ram, and I also purchased heated seats. The seats need to be wired, they come with switches, and fuses etc... I need to hook them up to power. Is a cigarette lighter the same voltage I need? Ie is the cigarette lighter power supply the same as say running a power line from the battery? I have done plenty of stereo installs in my time as a DIY. Also I need to find a "remote switch". But also one that is hooked up to the lights, as there is an led on the switches. Any help would be appreciated.

I don`t know much about the wiring or anything, but I must say, I got heated seats in my ride about one year ago(my brother installed them) and man do I love them, seriously. In the Winter I just go in my car turn those bad boys on and sleep. lol.

Thread Information