Post Thanks / Like
    Which subs do you prefer and why? (JL or Kicker)

I have been a fan of JL for a long time, but I am looking for a change.
    2003 Silverado SS

Post Thanks / Like
    If those were my only two options - JL. Looking for some good subs that`ll crank out some SPL.... can`t go wrong with RE Audio XXX15`s. Bout $1,100 ea. but worth every penny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Having owned nothing but Kickers my entire audio life for my own personal rides I will say there`s just no comparision at all here. JL is by far a better product in almost every aspect when it comes to subs. Kickers are just extreamly cheap compared to others in it`s class. I consider Kickers the best bang for the buck because they sound quite nice and are so dirt cheap comparitvely it`s ridiculous. However if you want quality and deep bass JL is really in a league of it`s own. However if it`s SQ you`re after over SPL I really like the Boston and MB`s over the rest. The Infinity perfects have decent SQ as well. It really comes down to you`re listening preference how deep your wallet is and what application you`re going for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a single Elemental Desgin. Sounds better than JL without the high price.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s really apples and oranges you are comparing. Even the least expensive JL`s are not even in the same class with Kicker. If money is no object, got with JL`s. If your on a budget, go with the kickers.

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, if that`s your only options then JL by a mile. Elemental are nice, the RE XXX are awesome. I have an Adire Brahma 12, but I don`t think they`re made any more. There are many good options out there in all price ranges, but Kicker wouldn`t be in my short list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back when I was into car audio I got a great deal on some MTX 12`s and then always ran MTX. I really liked their sound and quality. Not sure how they are now though, it`s been a while for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Back when I was into car audio I got a great deal on some MTX 12`s and then always ran MTX. I really liked their sound and quality. Not sure how they are now though, it`s been a while for me.
    New MTX sucks. I have some good old school MTX stuff Im saving for a special install

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE my Boston Acoustics SPG555. It the BEST sub I have heard in a LONG time. Very deep and Very Tight bass. In my ported box it sounds so clean you would think its a sealed box...

Post Thanks / Like
    Neither. I would look at an RE Audio SE 12 if you want overall sound quality with some loudness. Otherwise, look into Image dynamics, Phoenix Gold(cant be beat for the $$$), Arc Audio, FI audio, Hertz, etc...

The W6 from jl audio is there best sub. However, I feel the $$$ is better spent on other brands as they will provide better performance for less money. I tend to shy away from mainstream brands unless #1 its a good product, and#2 its below msrp price!!!
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a kicker sub when I got my 1st and only sound system. I didn`t like it... I was making it pop with an old skool Street Machine 640 watt 4 channel. I then upgraded just about everything added a 1000 watt Street Machine amp to power an Audiobahn 12 and the 640 powered my door speakers. Never had an issue and had great quality with a hell of a loud sub! This was back in 2001 though lol. Haven`t really kept up with car audio stuff since I got into competing in motorsports. Just extra weight

Post Thanks / Like
    kicker vr15 there nothing better

Post Thanks / Like
    I have known people that have had Kickers and I have had JLs. I like the sound of the JLs better than the Kickers. The person that I know sold his Kickers to get some JLs after I got mine because he felt the same way that I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you will get a straight answer here, or anywhere for that matter. Its all about preference. I say you hear the model subS you`re looking at and compare them to see what fits your pocket and musical taste. Also, the box is 85% of the sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    JL will sound alot clearer and alot deeper, people go to kicker for many reasons, i myself love the L7 subs that kicker puts on,, but will never amount to the 13w7 that jl puts out, basically with any car audio u get what u pay for, =]

Thread Information