Post Thanks / Like
    My `99 Miata`s leather seats are of horrible quality, and the passenger side has a hole. Does anyone have any experience with any of the aftermarket leather companies (like Katzkins or Northwest Leather)? I want some nice, BMW level quality leather, not the junk with that thick layer of plastic over the leather.

my 2 options are:

-Order the entire seats cover from Northwest Leather. Cost: $600. The quality is said to be higher than Katzkin, but that is from the only other 2 people I know that have used both products.

-Order Connolly or Wolsdorf leather, dye it myself with computer matched dye, and have all of the driver/passenger facing panels replaced. Cost: $450. I know the quality will be high with this method, but I would be keeping the vinyl panels and stitching on an 8 year old car (although they`re holding up well).

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend leatherseats.com. I replaced the seats in my 1999 GS400 based upon recommedations from ClubLexus website and couldn`t be happier. Higher quality than the OEM leather and the fit was superb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    I would recommend leatherseats.com. I replaced the seats in my 1999 GS400 based upon recommedations from ClubLexus website and couldn`t be happier. Higher quality than the OEM leather and the fit was superb.

I`ve gotta give a +1 on the leatherseats.com suggestion. I`ve got these in my 3000GT VR-4, and it looks phenominal. The leather is very supple, and still looks brand new after about 1 year.
    "I drive a 3000GT VR-4. I live my life a quater-tank at a time, for those 50 miles or less, I`m free."

A bit about myself. /Not FWD? JGTCA.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t seen BMW leather, but I have Katskin leather in my `02 Odyssey. It`s holding up very well, especially in a minivan. We have over 75k miles on it with the leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Throw a pair of Recaros in it!

Of course, thats not the most economical suggestion....

I`m sure you could find a local upholstery shop that does good work.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another +1 for leatherseats.com. I have leather in my WRX (not available OEM in `02), and I think it looks great.

I do think, though, that leatherseats sources their kits from Katzkin. At least, I believe that was the case a couple of years ago when I bought my seat covers.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.statusracing.com/featuring.asp?id=ringl

Owned buy a local guy here in seattle, Very very nice seats.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Thread Information