Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

The current Interior color of my vinyl, dash, armrests door, etc. is Gray.

I want to custom DYE my interior to Black but my goal and purpose is to do it with a Professional OEM look.

I don`t want a lame dye job on my interior vinyl.

I need reccomendations for some quality professional dye (in Black) to use on all my interior. If you have had experience with interior vinyl dye please chime in and advise me.

So far I found one professional Black dye for interior vinyl by DuPontâ„¢ , but it`s $69.95 for a 16.oz. can spray. :hairpull

please advise me if you can.

cheerio! :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    I once (briefly) had a car that the previous owner had done this to. It seemed to have held up OK while he had it and it seemed durable enough that I wasn`t worried about it messing up while I had the car. But I didn`t have it long enough to know how well it would really hold up over time and when subjected to wear and tear. So I`d approach it cautiously. IMO it`d be much easier to mess this up than it would be to get it right (durability-wise especially). I hear a lot about people being thrilled with the look of their color changes, but I do *not* hear about how well it held up Personally, I wouldn`t do it. In fact, I`d probably replace the vehicle first! But that`s just me....

Do an internet search on SEM. That`s the stuff I hear good things about and IIRC they have a good website. IMO the big part is getting the prep right.

Post Thanks / Like
    "dyeing" something in a car is only a temporary fix IMHO.......it WILL wear off in time no matter of the quality,.....if you want a different color interior buy the pieces that color or like ^^^^ he said buy another car.

and yes if u really do it use SEM products, the best dye out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    SEM is amazing stuff....as with anything involving paint, the trick is in the prep. Visit your local autobody supply place and they should carry the full line with paints, cleaners, etc. We did it on a customer car, and while he does not use the car often, after 6 years it looks amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    was the interior offered in black from the factory?? You might be better off trying to source a black oem interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually No,

The 1998 Black camry has never had a Black OEM interior. well, at least here in the USA. But thatt`s a good tip if they had made it in Black.

Post Thanks / Like
    SEM. nuff said. And the prep and paint cans togehter are cheaper than $69 bucks.
    96 Impala SS, black

Thread Information