Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the Tom Tom and Garmin use different methodologies. The other reason I chose Garmin is that they are established here and Tom Tom was making this there first foray into the states (at least that is what I was told). When I bought mine, I bought it over the net and the price for both was the same, so I went conservative and got the Garmin.. its been great ever since.

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    It`s all about the people, isn`t it? The guys at my Roadshop are great. The work they do is super, and I get better service there by far than I do with the attitude-laden people at the local car stereo shops.

So true. I have Best Buy about 100 feet down the street from me...and their customer service is on par with their care for employees. When I was doing a job search, they did a piss poor job of hiring me and lied to me about openings, stating there was only one opening in the store for warehouse at 7 an hour, yet somehow the guy (from my Gym Class!) who got an interview right after me got a job in Digital Cameras for 8 an hour....on his first interview. They didn`t even tell me when to come in for orientation after I got the job on my second interview...and after calling and waiting on hold for 15 mins more than 3 times a week for about a month, I gave up on them. When I went to apply at Circuit City, they gave me a job in the department I wanted for ALOT more than any BB employee could make starting.

This is a perpetual cycle that gives me a smile everytime a customer comes in and bad mouths the BB service. It gets even better when they leave comments on the survey you can take and make even more fun of BB.

Dboat: Yes, this is Tom Tom`s first year here...but they established themselves quite well in Europe and are the best selling over there.

Oh, and I now have a new favorite model :lol. Yeah, the Tom Tom 700 was awesome, but the new Garmin Nuvi350 is deh SHIZ! I came in today for work and we had yet another new Navi system (3rd one in 3 weeks). I later find out that the SD card slot is capable of reading pictures and MP3`s! I dunno about this info and plan on doing more research, but dayum, what a nice toy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d hesitate to call it an "install". I tried it a little lower on the dash, and on the driver`s side of the mirror, but this is where the screen can be seen, but still ignored. You get the idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information