Thread: Winter Mats

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for a some good rubber matts for the H2 for this winter. I looked online at Husky and Weather tech. I`m looking for a matt that will hold the crud, snow, sand, and water. I`ve seen some liner type ones that have raised edges so the water wont run onto the carpet. these sound promising. Anyone have any experience with these or have any suggestions? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have a set for my Audi A4 made by them which are like your describing and I like them so much I leave em all year.

They do tend to hold the snow and water in between the ridges and high edges even when I`m wearing snow boots. Carpet stays nice clean/dry.

I would look and see if the car manufactuer makes some for you ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Husky liners for the win in SUVs. I have several customers who have them and they really save the carpet.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Husky liners for the win in SUVs. I have several customers who have them and they really save the carpet.
    I will have to look closer at the Husky ones, They seem like the best bet. Are they of good quality? Such as the rubber cracking?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think the rubber will crack. It has never happend with my rubbermats, but like all mats they wear out, esp under your heel on the driversside.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Costco sells Kirkland All Weather rubber mats that are VERY durable. I`ve never seen Weathertech or Husky, but I can`t imagine them being any better then these. My cousin put them in his truck and he loves them, they collect all the dirt and stuff and it never gets on his carpet. For only $20 for a 4 piece kit, I though it was an excellent value. I was actually tempted to buy them for my car, but I`m thinking I might buy new OEM mats, so the ones I have now will probably be used for the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have weather techs for my front and rear. They hold a lot of water, crud, etc. Built pretty heavy.

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing a little research I decided to go with "catch all" mats. They are custom fit to the interior. I recieved them yesterday and they do fit excellent. They have a nyllon carpet with a plastic/rubber backing. They can be hosed off and they look nice all the time. They have a lip built in to catch all the junk. The color match is real good as well. I removed my regular Hummer mats and layed these in yesterday for the winters season. They cover more area under feet which will be prefect for the snow and salt. They are priced about the same as husky and Weather tech. We`ll see how well they work out. They do look promiseing.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got these nice floor mat at a pocket-friendly price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the extreme catch alls in my F250. I leave them in all year since at work I have to park in a gravel lot...and when it rains you get that grey soupy mess to walk and drive in.

MIKE

Post Thanks / Like
    :xyxthumbs I`ve got the xtreme catch alls as well. they are great. I have the nylon carpetted ones.(which can be washed off) The color match is right on and they cover a good area. this is my first winter with them and they are working out great. They have deffinetly kept my carpet clean and dry. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the husky liners in my Explorer for a few months now and I absolutely love them. They keep all the junk and water from getting on the carpet and I can now do two minutes of vacuuming and wipe them down and my interior looks perfect. These are much better than the rubber Weathertech mats that I had in my old Explorer. They were good, but they did not cover the footwells as well as the husky liners do so I would still have some staining after the winter. I do have the carpeted Weathertech mats that I use in the summer whick look nicer but don`t protect as well.

Thread Information