Thread: Strobe Lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have and good sources where I can purchase clear strobe lights for the corner lamps on my vehicle. I do a lot of double parking and hazard lights just dont cut it so I need to have a brighter light for people to see.

My local guy wanted over $400 for parts & labor, i thought that was a little high. Anyone have any other places.

Thanks

NYD

Post Thanks / Like

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would look into the legality of having strobe lights on. From what i`ve seen in my high school days, you get what you pay for with them. I know a couple of people who got cheap ones and rigged them up themself and they didn`t look good or last to long. Some of the more serious guys I knew who were into car modifying, mainly looks had some really good strobes that they paid a pretty penny for. They looked really good for show, or impersonating a cop .

My one friend had a good set rigged up to his alarm so everytime he locked or unlocked his doors they would all light up instead of is parking light. Looked really cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will get what you pay for MOST of the time I have seen many bad installs from companies who work on police cars and first reponse cars. Anyways not tring to pulg anyone directly I work with some one who does installs and does them right.(he has always been anal about these things)

specialtywarningsystems@yahoo.com is his E-mail he does work for everyone so E-mail him and see what he says(he is in Danbury CT)

Winter Hold in Effect
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work with a guy that does it for a side job. He uses only Whelan products and his installs are awesome. In most States clear and yellow are legal, everything else needs a permit. They also make a unit for the rear end of cars called a backflash unit. It alternates brake and backup lights in a flash pattern. If I can find the link I`ll post it.

Email me if you have any other questions: inthedetails@verizon.net

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 90watt whelen in the work truck and it`ll almost blind you when you look @ them.
    Mighty Hd

Winter Hold in Effect
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    I have 90watt whelen in the work truck and it`ll almost blind you when you look @ them.

I can see it now,

"When Strobes are operating, Do Not Look Directly at them" :work:

Kinda like Dunkin Donuts warning you their coffe is hot. :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I just need to get them as my F150 is big for the NY streets and this people come pretty close when trying to pass me when I am double parked. So i will use the stobe with my hazards to hopefully slow them down

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails
    I can see it now,

"When Strobes are operating, Do Not Look Directly at them" :work:

Kinda like Dunkin Donuts warning you their coffe is hot. :LOLOL
    yea ^^^^^ what he said NEVER!!! look into a strobe light!!?????!!!!!!

lol

also they are very easy to install so save your money and do it yourself.....just run the wiring correctly!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    I have the same set up with the same effect... Blinding, they definately get the point across... Picked up the power supply and 4 bulbs with cables for about 200 on ebay a few years back. The hardest part when it comes to the install is running the cables... a full size truck like mine, the lengths (15`) get stretched tight on 2 bulbs depending where you place the power supply. I`ve installed a bunch for friends and friends of friends... not too bad as long as you know basic car electronics (If you can put a car head unit in... you`re all set)

Other than that, it`s a matter of drilling 1" holes in the light housing and screwing them in

Hope this helps,

Tom :woot:

Thread Information