Post Thanks / Like
    Someone once told me that seat covers were a bad idea and I am not sure why. Do you guys have a take on this and also do you use scotchguard as a protectant for carpets and interior overall?

By the way-first post here--cools site.

Philos

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer 303`s Hi-Tech Fabric Guard.

I would never take away the look of a seat with a cover unless the seat was torn.

Before applying, be sure to vacuum and shampoo (rinse afterwards), then dry. A clean surface is key with 303.

Gotta love those curves
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always used seat covers on my vehicles...

Gives me a chance to add my own personality & some colour to the interior.

I`ve always had cloth covered seats & figure it keeps them clean ( I do scotchgard underneath the covers too!!! - it`s a sickness.)

I can take em off a couple of times a year & wash them too. And it doesnt worry me if they are damaged or stained in ann way as they are like my LSP for the seat - a sacrificial barrier.

But geez I wish I had leather!!!!!!!

:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some top quality seatcovers in the MPV since it`s the "dog car". They`re working out great and there aren`t any problems with the seats from being covered. Don`t use `em in the other cars though. Don`t bother with Scotchguard-type stuff either and it`s never been a problem. Never had a problem with it in previous dog cars either, but I decided to try the covers this time around. Guess it`s a matter of whether they might get really dirty or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have had seat cover in my rides ( yes the seats are leather) I take them off once in a while to let them breathe and clean, condition them. if you guys have not used seat covers or can not see the reason for them let me have my kids and their friends stop by to test out your seats durability. they can do a number on seats even though when you ask them they always say nope was not my gum on the seatcover :shocked tough being an Autopian when kids are in your ride all the time especially when their friends parents are not Autopians . guess I just have a little more work cut out for me :cooleek:

Post Thanks / Like
    Front seat covers in the Camaro, primarily because the driver`s side bolster is fraying. Back seat is almost always folded down. No covers in the wife`s Buick. It`s leather & vinyl. Trying hard to keep the leather looking fresh, using Meg`s Gold Class products. So far, so good. Scotchguard on the Camaro`s cloth seats and carpets in both vehicles. I use the Scotchguard for household carpeting for all applications. I just apply it more lightly to the Camaro seats. Otherwise, it makes the fabric a little stiff for a few days. The main thing I have learned about Scotchguard is to make sure that the fabric is as clean and dry as you can get it before you apply the Scotchguard.

Thread Information