Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss I have a q-logic sealed box for my tundra, and was wondering which one everyone prefers. :nixweiss The kicker is a comp series, and the audiobahn is a natural sound series. Will have 150x1 running to the mono imput on the box.

Thanks

Brandon
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    kicker all the way but i perfer this by far rather than kicker even!..........

http://www.hollywooddigitalusa.com/e_woofer.html

won lots of sound trophys with them!

and to all the haters out there :nono read this before hatin.....a quote from there site...............

HOLLYWOOD SOUND INTERNATIONAL and its` sister OEM factory and parts supplier, The Sprecher Works Corp. (est. 1986), underground companies that developed and produced speakers and parts for others in car audio: Rockford Fosgate, MTX, Phoenix Gold, Helix, RCF, Rainbow, Nakamichi, Velodyne, Eminence, Hifonics, Crunch, Lanzar, Autotek, Ultimate, RTO, Planet Audio and Boss among others

:har:

Post Thanks / Like
    150x1 ? Are you sure that amp doesnt do 300 x 1 at 2 ohms ?

Also are you running TWO 8`s ? like 150 divided among 2 subs at 75 watts a piece rms ?

ugh

Anyways , I would recommend these http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSID8V3D2 or these http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSID8V3D4 depending on what amp you are running and how many youre running for the final impedance to match up properly

If you are going budget - Kicker over Audiobahn all day

Post Thanks / Like
    well I figure 150x1 isnt that bad for now b/c the kickers are only rated at 100wrms a piece, JL`s are rated at my current 75wrms. I WILL be getting a new amp, but cant make up my mind. Why are yall so friendly with kicker? I have a comp 10" and dont care for the sound. I can buy some JL`s but they are pricey.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the choice out of the two, I`d go with Kicker, but given the choice out of *anything*, I`d go with JL Audio.

Those amps are just for the highs, there is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 1001bd hidden inside the box.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the Kicker over the Audiobahns. Why only 8`s? I say at least 10`s. I also agree with Jason JL Audio for subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    8`s b/c they are in a custom q-logic enclosure sized for 8`s. JL is a strong option. And from what i`m hearing NOBODY likes audiobahn. So its either Kicker or JL. The kickers are buy one get one free(69.99) and the JL 8wo`s are $90 a piece. Dosent matter that much tho. Everyone seems to like the JL`s so they may be the winner. From what I`ve herd, they are underrated on rms power. Rated at 75watts rms, people say they can handle 150w with no problem. That would go along with the new amp. I have kicker speakers and subs now, and havent been happy with them at all. So maybe the JL`s
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go with the JLs go with the W3s at least, for just a little bit more money, there way better than the wo`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah JL W3`s are great subs. My friend has a 12" W3 and it has the "quickness" and high range of a 10 with the deep kick of a 12. They`re not cheap, but anything worth doing is worth doing right. Try Ebay, there are some real good deals out there you just gotta watch for scams.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    As seen in the pic above, I am currently running two 12W3v2-D2`s (Dual 2ohm voice coils). I really wanted W6`s, but we couldn`t get the configuration right in regards to resistance/power output from my amp, so we ended up with W3`s, which are MORE than enough. They hit so hard it will rattle your teeth, while at the same time sound more lifelike than any other sub I have owned.

I also have a DVD player in there, so lifelike bass was crutial for watching movies, and they did a wonderful job.

Post Thanks / Like
    And the Image Dynamics subs will hand the JL `s their arse and are $105 each .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    As seen in the pic above, I am currently running two 12W3v2-D2`s (Dual 2ohm voice coils). I really wanted W6`s, but we couldn`t get the configuration right in regards to resistance/power output from my amp, so we ended up with W3`s, which are MORE than enough. They hit so hard it will rattle your teeth, while at the same time sound more lifelike than any other sub I have owned.

I also have a DVD player in there, so lifelike bass was crutial for watching movies, and they did a wonderful job.
    I would also go with JL audio. JDookie, I will be getting some JL Audio w6`s (not sure if I`m going for the 10 or 12`s) soon for my soon to be Jeep as a birthday present from my parents. Haven`t decided on which amp to go with either. I would love w7`s but those are expensive and my parents wouldn`t even look at them.

Thread Information