Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to tint my Audi A4 @ 35%. I called a couple of places in my little town and Cleveland and they want $300! I just think that`s outrageouse! :angry

I hung up on the guy.

I found a place that will sell you a install kit and pre-cut for your car for $88 and shipped free. Any bad stories about this?
    Long Live My Audi. She Will Dearly Be missed.

Visit My Gallery if you wish!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a deal for two cars for $150 if you want to come to Akron . They do quality work and use Lumar film or whatever its called , but its one of the better ones I think .

I will get more details from my brother who had his car and his girls` done and update this post Monday .

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like any other car modification, it can be done if you prepare and take your time, but you can`t give yourself a warranty on your work

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get pre-cut pieces of tint for your car on ebay usually... I did it for the back window of my truck (with the sliding glass middle section) Perfect fit

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`re better off paying someone to do it unless you`re experienced. This summer I had my Civic tinted and I sat there and watched. It took a lot of skill to make the whole thing look clean. One of the two guys working on it even screwed up and forgot to smooth out some creases. I took it back and the boss was outraged by the inferior work he did. Keep in mind that this is a reputable place. Not trying to discourage you but if someone who has done tinted hundreds and thousands of windows before can screw up then you should consider what your chances of succes are.

Post Thanks / Like
    why would you hang up on someone because you don`t like their price? why can`t you just say thanks for your time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pay someone to do it, if you never done it before you will do it wrong! Taking it off is not easy as well. Make sure you get someone with warranty, so if they install it wrong they will take it off and refund your money. Lumar is a good suggestion - get metallic, I think they do dye film as well - not as good.

www.tintdude.com good place to read about tints

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely just pay the shop. You have a nice car, its not worth messing it up with an inferior tint and a botched tint job (if you don`t have experience, you`re in for an adventure!). $300 is pretty reasonable if you have a four door car and they are using a quality film like Llumar. A crappy film will turn purple, bubble, fade, or crack. Llumar makes high quality metallic films that they offer a lifetime warranty on. They do offer died films as mentioned before, but its only like a three year warranty. Just get it done once and get it done right. Don`t cheap out and take it to one of those stereo/tint shops that will do it for $99, you will regret it.

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will need someone with experience to do a stand up job.A Beginner might be able to handle the side windows,but the curved back windows are always a majot PITA. Like kpagel said, do not go to a cheap shop, you will get what you pay for.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point about the back window... I hadn`t even considered that in my previous post as the back window of my truck is perfectly flat. In most sedans, coupes, etc, you`re going to want to have the tinting done professionally... It`s such a PITA to cut the strips and apply it correctly... As others have said, 300 isn`t too bad for a professional job with that brand tint. Just spend the money and be happy with it knowing it`s been done right and you don`t have to worry about it (lifetime warranty)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think audipower wants it done truly as its been so long since he replied .

The shop I am referring to though normally does charge $99-$109 per CAR and I double checked and they do use Llumar film , lifetime warrantied stuff .

I watched these guys and they were pretty meticulous . They lightly scuffed up the back window where it is " permanently " black around the border and removed the 3rd brake light .

They also removed the door panels to get the tint down into the window past the weatherstripping felt . I suppose they have to go to such lengths to insure the job lasts and they did a great job .

They said they WILL NOT do certain Mercedes , but other than that the 2 for $150 + tax is their normal deal . 2 cars must be brought in at the same time though or it`s normal rate .

Post Thanks / Like
    My 20% Llumar tint came with a lifetime warranty, and cost me $175 EACH for the Maxima and the Protege. The local place wanted $250. I drove the 55 miles to the other place, and went to visit some old friends in the area that day. It was well worth the drive to save $75.

Oh yeah, I wouldn`t try to tint the windows yourself. It`s much more difficult than people think. I see cars all the time with bubbly tint, and it looks terrible. I don`t care how glossy your paint is, the bubbly tint would ruin the whole appearance of the car.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    My 20% Llumar tint came with a lifetime warranty, and cost me $175 EACH for the Maxima and the Protege. The local place wanted $250. I drove the 55 miles to the other place, and went to visit some old friends in the area that day. It was well worth the drive to save $75.

Oh yeah, I wouldn`t try to tint the windows yourself. It`s much more difficult than people think. I see cars all the time with bubbly tint, and it looks terrible. I don`t care how glossy your paint is, the bubbly tint would ruin the whole appearance of the car.
    Does your Llumar tint make head lights of other cars glare like crazy off of the rear window defrosters? The Llumar on my dad`s car does that and its annoying a hell.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Referring to the headlights of oncoming cars? Or cars behind me?

Either way I haven`t noticed. I think it would be more due to the angle of the glass relative to your eyes and the other car`s headlights.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Does your Llumar tint make head lights of other cars glare like crazy off of the rear window defrosters? The Llumar on my dad`s car does that and its annoying a hell.

My tint does, I only noticed it when I first had it put on. =)

BTW, I paid about $150 for my rear 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information