Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a new car coming in, it`s an `02 Benz wagon and I`d like to find a very heavy set of carpeted floor mats for it. I`ve checked on-line and most sites seem to defer back to Lloydmats and their "Heavyweight" product.

Has anyone else found a high quality set of carpeted floor mats?

thanks for any suggestions.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy, thanks a lot. Those are great prices at both sites.

Are the Avery mats Spilchy-approved??

My most recent experience with Lloyd was not great. I paid good money for a set of their mats (mid-line product) and they bunched up real bad....they even bunched up where nobody had ever put their feet. I couldn`t believe it. Looks like they got too hot during processing or something, but all 4 were defective within about 6 weeks....prolly should have sent them back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Are the Avery mats Spilchy-approved??

They haven`t been tested in the lab

But you have some nice selections there to choose from. Plus, they`re made in the USA.

I have heard decent things about them. I like the Weathertech ones simply b/c I prefer rubber floor mats.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/Mercedes

They aren`t cheap but they sure are nice . I have a set of custom embroidered mats in my car and love them .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, guys! US Speedline is selling the Lloyd product. That IS a smokin` price. Maybe I`ll just order those up and hope I don`t have any problems with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Lloyd heavyweight mats and love them, they`re so thick and plush and heavy. About as close to sheepskin as you can get...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a set of the weathertech mats. Had one set in my 97 Explorer that lasted 6 years. Just bought a new set for my 03 Explorer and they are just as great as the last set. I would recommend them. Also have their license plate frame and cover and am very happy with them as well. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have found the plushest carpeted mats to be the most durable over the long haul and they`re the nicest to have your feet on. I ordered a set of the Heavyweights yesterday and should have them in about 10 days. Lloyd ships direct to the buyer (me). I`ll probably give this set away to Dad for his birthday gift...he`s got the same basic car. I`ll guess I`ll order a 2nd set for our incoming "new" car.

FWIW, US Speed has awesome pricing on these and charge a flat rate shipping of ($12.50). I don`t see anyone even close to their pricing.

Thanks to all !

Post Thanks / Like
    You just can`t beat the Lloyd Ultimats or Heavyweights. I currently have the Heavyweights in my Chrysler 300C-AWD and could not be happier with them.

I had a bit of trouble (wrong mats were ordered) with the dealer through whom I bought them (AutoSport Catalog). They made several claims of contacting Lloyd but nothing was ever taken care of. I gave up and called Lloyd directly and they went well out of their way and absolutely bent over backwards to take care of me.

A+ in my book. I can`t imagine ever buying elsewhere again. (won`t ever do business with AutoSport again, though.)

....BH
    Valve Audio: "Use a transistor, Go to jail! ....It`s The Law!"

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it`s all about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cocomats. These are incredible matts. You can get them custom-made for you car and they come in a variety of colors. They are incredibly easy to keep clean. You just shake them out. They don`t show dirt!

Best of all, they are high quality floormatts. Beautifully made and the customer service is among the best I`ve ever had. Definitely highly recommended. Plus, they are different from the usual floormats. :xyxthumbs
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cocomats looked nice but I just wasn`t sure I wanted something that contrasted so much with my light grey interior. I ended up ordering the Lloyd Heavyweights from USSpeedline.....$131.50 with shipping was IMO a good price for quality mats.

Thread Information