Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...I have a new `05 Subaru Forester, which has been a great car except for the fact that the factory "plastic" steering wheel is VERY uncomfortable. It actually hurts my fingers after driving it for awhile. Anyway, has anyone ever used the "wheelskins" brand of wheel cover? If so, was it very comfortable? Any other tips or product reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
    "Lex uno ore omnes alloquitur"

`05 Subaru Forester

Woodland Green / Symmetrical AWD

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Xtremetraveler

Ok...I have a new `05 Subaru Forester, which has been a great car except for the fact that the factory "plastic" steering wheel is VERY uncomfortable. It actually hurts my fingers after driving it for awhile. Anyway, has anyone ever used the "wheelskins" brand of wheel cover? If so, was it very comfortable? Any other tips or product reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Good question. I`m looking at getting one for my truck to replace the factory leather. Not that it`s worn out or anything, but I want a two-tone look to compliment the new interior I`m going to be getting. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheelskins are great. I`ve had them on four of the cars in our family and everyone likes them.

The color did wear off on a blue wheelskin where I keep my hands but it did take a few years to wear out.

My wife has a black wheelskin in her car and it still looks good after 5 years and 50,000 miles.

I really like the way they make the wheel a little bit fatter, easier to hold on to.

Be prepared top spend well over an hour to lace it up properly.

They really look like a factory job and they feel good.

Just one thing, after installation the leather feels sticky. Its from the wax on the laces, once its cleaned off the leather feels good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Wheelskins on two cars with worn leather. They worked excellent and looked very professional after spending about 1 hour lacing them up.

Highly Recommended.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by amedman

I used Wheelskins on two cars with worn leather. They worked excellent and looked very professional after spending about 1 hour lacing them up.

Highly Recommended.

Are you able to take the factory leather off and just replace it with the wheelskins? I would definitely prefer not to change the `feel` of the wheel because it`s about perfect as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never tried to remove my original leather cover and I don`t think the instructions mention it.

I think if the factory cover was removed the wheelskin cover may not look so good in the area where the spokes meet the wheel.

If you like the feel, size-diameter, of your present wheel I don`t think the wheelskin makes it really that much larger. Its only the thickness of thin piece of leather.

I think a one time they sold a padded and a unpadded version but now I think they are all unpadded.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a wheelskin for my car and the first thing I did was tear it apart :soscared:

Then I had my loving girlfriend sew in place the alcantara I had left over from my interior install.

Then I laced it up . Took about 2 hrs since I had to make my own holes and its kinda tough getting a needle through the new holes.

Finished product:

Very happy with the fit and finish. I had noticed the leather gets dirty pretty quick, so I saw that as an excuse to get some driving gloves. Overall very happy with it.

Thread Information