Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering about the sound/reception quality of using an FM transmitter to play music throught your cars receiver. I recently upgraded to Napster To Go and have an iRiver H10 mp3 player. In order to play the contents of my mp3 player through my car I would need to use an FM transmitter so do so. Apple also has this for their iPods. Does anyone have any experiance with their sound quality or anything else? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846

there are a lot of reviews posted for this one (scroll down).

-Raymond

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ray I didnt even think to check Amazon for reviews.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Griffin iTrip for my iPod. You wouldn`t be able to use it with your iRiver, but one thing you should keep in mind when shopping is the interface used to change channels and the number of channels that the transmitter will broadcast too.

It seems like many of them out there will only broadcast to a handful of frequencies. The iTrip will pretty much do the entire FM band. The good thing is that you can usually find a clear (or clear enough) station to use. The only problem with the iTrip is that to change the station there are songs that you play that tell the transmitter which station to broadcast to. This isn`t bad, except if your on a trip and need to change the station. You`ll need to find a clear station first, then go find the track for that station to reset the transmitter. It`s only a hassle on trips, around town I pretty much "set and forget."

Sound quality is decent. It sounds like a radio station. I would always choose a tape adapter over the FM transmitter when given the option. Just don`t expect crystal clear sound.....especially coming from an MP3 player. But, it`s good enough.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your head unit has a AUX for something like a CD changer it may be possible to hard wire your MP3 player, which usually results in much better sound quality. The ability to do this will depend on your player (I am not familiar with the iRiver) and your head unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bet993

If your head unit has a AUX for something like a CD changer it may be possible to hard wire your MP3 player, which usually results in much better sound quality. The ability to do this will depend on your player (I am not familiar with the iRiver) and your head unit.
    Thanks Bet993,

One of the guys over at DetailCity let me about this the other day. I already placed the order over at Crutchfield for the MonsterCable MiniJack-to-RCA converter since my JVC head unit is capable of switching to AUX mode. Although someone beat you to the punch I really appreciate your post, its good to know some people look at the 2-3 day old stuff to try and help out.

Thread Information