Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh crap. Sorry about that. I know about thread etiquette, and I know well enough to not revive old threads. I think the Month of the posts above mine deceived me.

As to your comment JDookie, my 1993 Nissan 240sx has a small clip next to my auto shifter that allows you to override that brake pedal park to drive thing you mentioned. It allows me to--while the car is off, even--to shift out of Park and into any gear.

Maybe my only option for the time being then is for a good steering wheel lock, one that covers the entire steering wheel so they can`t cut the wheel and slip the Club right off.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, don`t worry about bringing back the thread. You didn`t do anything wrong at all. I had just forgotten about it, that`s all.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I am surprised that your car has such a feature. That`s the first I`ve heard of it. Well, in your particular situation, I think you`re right. Something like a physical lock or the installation of a hidden starter disable switch would be the best options.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to have something installed in my `95 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham too. I`d like to get the best I can afford in terms of alarming (rare car, and VERY attractive to a lot of thieves), and also remote start.

There`s 2 local shops, I think, one which seems very experienced and advertises that they specialize in alarm systems and other electronics, so I`ll probably end up talking to them.

Only issue I see coming up is how much of an "oddball" car it is, and how others with the same have stated that there aren`t any wiring diagrams in existence for these things, so you just have to make sure to get the best and most experienced installer possible. I have a factory "theft deterrent system" right now, that was an optional upgrade to the keyless entry back when the car was new, but that`s not a whole bunch of anything...and it also has the typical GM "Passkey" deal, with chipped keys.

This one place I mentioned uses both Clifford and Crimestopper systems, but I`ve never heard much about the latter...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information