Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for help from anyone who has asked himself this before: In most japanese cars only the driver`s power window can be lowered down automatically; for the rest of the windows you have to press the holly buttoms all the way up or down to rool the windows. Is there any special accesories to lower or get up the windows automatically with just one touch of the buttoms?

Really would appreciate if someone can give me a light on how to look for this or where to get it, or at least to tell me if it`s possible or if i`m just jocking myself.

THANX

Post Thanks / Like
    i don`t think is just japanese cars, cause my mom used to have a dodge stratus and you had to keep pushing the other windows. and in most cars i`ve seen it`s only the driver`s window that has the auto power down feature

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been in many cars, but from what I`ve seen the newer mercedes have them for all windows, as does the scion tc.

sorry for not being helpful to the original poster.

Post Thanks / Like
    For 4th gen Maximas, we at Maxima.org have figured a way to get the passenger side window to be "auto" down just like the driver`s. Our driver`s side window switch module can be swapped in to the passenger side connector, making it fully operational. This is because the Maxima is right-hand drive overseas; and therefore pre-wired to be either way. So if one wanted the expense, they could get another driver`s side module and put it in the passenger side. This allows the passenger to be able to control all four windows, have all powerlocks, and have auto down. Because of the cosmetic shape of the module, it would be better to have the controls from a right-hand drive Maxima to look "clean".

This may be an option on other vehicles.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know what kind of car your trying to make all auto windows but i had a 2001 celica with the same idea. I was a member of the celica web forum and they had posted pics and instructions on how to jumper the drivers side AND passenger side buttons to both work up and down. It required removing and modifying the window switch, which contained both switches in one unit. The switch also contained the sensor that decides if the window has stopped moving up or down and shuts the power off to the window. After about 20min of work and a few mechanical modifications to the switch I had full auto windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just looked everywhere for those instructions online, and they are either gone or very hard to find. The celica forum just had some people asking about it, and they were not able to find it. They did say however there are some after market alarm controls that will do the same thing, and also they have gone as far as buying another switch and installing the automatic part of the electronics from that switch into the old switch piggybacking the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out a window module from DEI. Go to a local DEI dealer and they probably will have it.
    If you don`t like what I have to say, please direct your comments to /dev/null.... have a nice day

Quote: MongooseGA: Is she hot?

Thread Information