Post Thanks / Like
    I`m torn between choosing between these 2 wheels. Originally, I like the wheels in the first pic but after seeing a picture of it on the same car in a different color , it`s just a bit too *busy* for my tastes. Fwiw, I have a black X5.

On the other hand, I do like the polished 5 spoke also. Decisions, decisions. Cmon fellas, which one do you think looks hot. Just looking for some feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    THe second one is nice but it`s a bit small for it`s size. Hope that helps
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the grey pic. He`s running 21"s on those.

I would never go anything larger than 20". In the standalone of just the wheels, those are 20"s. Maybe it`s just me, but wheels take on a different shape on different colored cars. Looks great on one but not the other........

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true about the color of wheel vs. the look of the size. Dark wheels with a polished/chrome lip tend to look smaller then the same wheel in silver or even white. 20" is a great size for a everyday car in my eyes with the right tire size. I would go with a sliver wheel. I think the grey X5 looks the best.
    Ever see a Honda run a mid 11 at the track and then drive home to tell about it? Nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chefwong

Are you talking about the grey pic. He`s running 21"s on those.

I would never go anything larger than 20". In the standalone of just the wheels, those are 20"s. Maybe it`s just me, but wheels take on a different shape on different colored cars. Looks great on one but not the other........

Opps, I mean the black one, the last one that is, sorry :p
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the black one but one size larger it possible, might just be the angle but I really like a full wheel well.
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    Who makes the two wheels? What reputation do they have for durability? Considering the size you will most likely get and the weight of the vehicle, I would be getting the strongest and lightest wheels. Unless your roads are in good very good shape, cheaply made big wheels will result in some quickly bent rims. Durability would be key for me on this type of vehicle assuming you drive it on a daily basis. If it is just an occasionally driver then less durable may work.

Personally I like the multispoke wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    The lower ones looks like HREs, which are one of, if not, the best quality wheels you can buy.

Personally, I would get Hartge rims for the X5, or 22" HREs

Post Thanks / Like
    The top pic (american flag) are BBB`s. The rest are all HRE`s.

22"s are a bit too big for me. Roads out here in NYC aren`t exactly the greatest also. Wheels are like color. It`s all very subjective. Hartge isn`t for me.

Another set I`m considering is the ACS Type IV.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    The set on the Z4 seem as though you would love them initially and then get tired of them down the road (literally and figuratively). Normally, I can`t stand aftermarket wheels but the third picture (blue or taupe X5) has a classic look. You said they are a different brand from the wheels on the Old Glory X5--is that why they appear less polished? Not a fan of chrome rims here-takes away from the work you do on the paint:xyxthumbs
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ACS is *growing* on me. A couple of major con`s IMHO. It`s a cast wheel and not even a true 2 piece. It`s made to look like a 2 piece wheel. The lip is SS and is replaceable however which makes sense - when you`re running wheels this big, they`re easy to curb.

The top picture of the *Old Glory* X5 are BBS Wheels. I may be wrong but on that particular style, it`s a cast wheel with a painted/clear coated finish.

2nd Picture - I like ALOT but decided to stay away due to the maintence on it. It`s got a polished aluminum lip with anodized centers.

3rd pic - Polished alum. lip with brushed/clearcoated aluminum centers.

4th pic - I`m not sure on the history of it but I believe it`s just a completely polished aluminum wheel clearcoated.

Different colored car/different wheels. Dark Centers work well on light colored car and vice versa.

My personal favorite finish is the shadow chrome. Still haven`t checked to see if that is an available finish. So many wheels to choose from ................more pics.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    My personal favorite finish is the shadow chrome. Still haven`t checked to see if that is an available finish. So many wheels to choose from ................more pics.

What a tough life you lead; is it comfortable to sleep on big piles of cash?
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Selling off my 19`s to offset the cost . Spring/Summer is right around the corner. Time for the X to get new shoes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate the ACS`s. They are fugly IMO. Love the HRE`s though. Also really like the Hartge`s!

Thread Information