Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Setup

Post Thanks / Like
    Both the ones I listed will get loud and sound good with less wattage. The Magnum can handle more than 1000+ watts, but doesn`t need it.

With the eD A, you could run two off 1000+ watts if needed, and it would still be incredibly loud.

I have an Avionixx AXT 800.2 going to my e12a. It`s about 900 watts to it.

So both can handle that much but don`t need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aurora, You might just pull me from the JL 12W6v2. I just read those and they sound sweet. I hope there is a place I can check them out locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you only have $1k to work with, you pretty much have to go for some value equipment. If you are truly holding it to under this amount I would recommend the Avionixx 600.4 amp (110W x 4 for $280), the Elemental Designs E10K sub ($125) which is a great sounding sub that does not require a ton of power, and then go the .theZeb.com and get the CDT Audio CL-61a components for $150. This amp will do a great job of running all of this and this would only cost you around $600 with shipping. I would spend the rest on a good quality installation and soundproofing your car.

My biggest recommendation is to get a professional to do the installation. It really makes a huge difference.

System in my 2003 Accord LX Coupe:

Eclipse 8443 H/U

Avionixx 600.4 amp

CDT Audio Eurosport ES-620 components

Elemental Designs E10K sub w/box by Mr. Marv

I got a 3 yr warranty on everything except the Euro`s which come with a 5 year warranty. All of this including installation by a guy with more than 19 years experience was right at $1,900 and I would not change a single thing if I had it to do over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OutlawTitan

My biggest recommendation is to get a professional to do the installation. It really makes a huge difference.

Unfortunately its not that easy to find a professional. Of all the shops i`ve visited, all i`ve seen are people that make an install look nice. Simply carpenters and people who are good with fiberglass and bondo.
    B&W Speakers, Transparent cables, Classe amps coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PrinzII

Aurora, You might just pull me from the JL 12W6v2. I just read those and they sound sweet. I hope there is a place I can check them out locally.

Doubt you`ll find anywhere locally to listen to either of those subs...yet.

If it were my choice I`d get the Magnum D2, put it in a smaller (i.e. 1.5^3) sealed box and give it between 500-1000 watts...it will be louder than you`ll ever want it to be, but sound very, very clean...can hit any beat you want it to without missing anything....just an awesome sub, and it will save you some money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information