Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Tint

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have any pics of cars with 50% window tint? I am thinking of getting mine tinted and the Ohio law only allows 50%. That is so light I am wondering if it`s even worth it. I prefer Limo Tint but I don`t feel like paying a $145.00 ticket every time a cop see me, and yes the jerks around here WILL stop you for window tint.

Any pics of the 50% tint are appreciated.

Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I had no idea that Ohio was so restrictive! CHECK OUT THIS LINK OF ALL THE STATE TINT LAWS Some states are pretty harsh. I`ve got 20% all around on my car. I`ve never been stopped for it even once. Its tricky getting my car registered every year but its doable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 45% everywhere except the windshield, but its the mirror tint, so it dosent appear as dark as it is.

~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks pretty dark for 45% It seriously looks more like 25 or 30%. My tint looks darker because of the contrast between the white car and dark windows. Plus if you have a black interior it will look darker anyway. Good tint job though! :up What brand tinting is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Anybody have any pics of cars with 50% window tint? I am thinking of getting mine tinted and the Ohio law only allows 50%. That is so light I am wondering if it`s even worth it. I prefer Limo Tint but I don`t feel like paying a $145.00 ticket every time a cop see me, and yes the jerks around here WILL stop you for window tint.

Any pics of the 50% tint are appreciated.

what color is the car, 50% is really light tint. It will allow 50% of the light to come through. I think you should go to 45% or 40% but have the window tint installer give you a bill for 50% tint. That might help you out.

I am thinking of tinting my car, but not sure it i want to and i am not sure how dark to go.

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    In most cases a bill only helps if you are grand fathered in prior to the law. Now a` days they use meters on the window itself. No cheating allowed.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

That looks pretty dark for 45% It seriously looks more like 25 or 30%. My tint looks darker because of the contrast between the white car and dark windows. Plus if you have a black interior it will look darker anyway. Good tint job though! :up What brand tinting is it?

Jngr- You may be right, The window sticker says that the car has 45% tint on all windows. I bought it used.. so they could be wrong. Anyway, the tint job is excellent... I belive it was done by the dealer that the car was bougth at new.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    My Lincoln is silver. NYD, the cops around here have meters and will stop you and measure the tint. 50% sucks, that`s why I don`t even know if it`s worth it. Plus that 50% is on the net window, so if there is already some factory tint that must be taken into accound as well.

Ohio laws suck, technically I think it`s illegal to breath in Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

My Lincoln is silver. NYD, the cops around here have meters and will stop you and measure the tint. 50% sucks, that`s why I don`t even know if it`s worth it. Plus that 50% is on the net window, so if there is already some factory tint that must be taken into accound as well.

Ohio laws suck, technically I think it`s illegal to breath in Ohio.

SRL, that sounds like IL as well. The cops here will nail you with tint as well.

But on a different, but similar subject, I am looking for the tint film that changes in a similar fashion to Transitions lenses (darkens when the sun hits it and stays clear at night). Does anyone know where I can get something like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the subtlety in the tint.

Its also illegal here to have any sort of tint on the front windows. Nevertheless, I pass cops all the time and they don`t care. My friend`s family car used to have much darker tint.

I think he got something like 3 tickets in the span of a year before he got fed up and had the tint removed.

Keep it real

Here is before....

Here is after....

Post Thanks / Like
    SRL, the satty has 35% tint.

Witch is th limit in Indiana....

I have 5% on the SS:nono

DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Iceni,

Thanks for the Pics!! It looks nice, not overdone but still nice looking.

Bill,

5% on the SS eh? That`s Limo Tint!! A buddy of mine has 5% on his Caddy, it looks great. That will buy you a steep ticket in Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,

5% on the SS eh? That`s Limo Tint!! A buddy of mine has 5% on his Caddy, it looks great. That will buy you a steep ticket in Ohio.

Ya in Indiana it is a $500 fine with anything darker than 35% I have been stoped a few times, I told the cop about the car and how it is Mostly A show car, They were cool. No tickets and it has been since 99.

DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Red,

Man, you got lucky finding some nice cops. My girlfriend actually got a ticket for going 47 in a 45 zone. Police around here would write their own mother a ticket. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Iceni

I really love the subtlety in the tint.

Its also illegal here to have any sort of tint on the front windows. Nevertheless, I pass cops all the time and they don`t care. My friend`s family car used to have much darker tint.

I think he got something like 3 tickets in the span of a year before he got fed up and had the tint removed.

Keep it real

Here is before....

Here is after....

What kind of tint is that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information