Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have pretty nice gear! Back in the day, I wouldn`t hesitate about buying an Eclipse or any higher end product. But, my car isn`t getting any younger and I`d rather not shell out the extra $$ for a CD player, especially whan I need the cash for beefing up my guitar rig, which is my current priority now. A lot of you seem to prefer the Alpine and the 7874 seems to have a no frills aproach towards the product, so I`m leaning towards that particular model, even though I still like the Pioneer. Even the Sony`s have decent specs, but I`ve never been a huge fan of their gear. Just can`t decide...:nixweiss Plus the Alpine has a BBE chip, which is kinda cool, and there isn`t a player in it`s price range that offers a 105 S/N ratio, very impressive as far as SQ goes! And, I like the MOSFET chip as well for extra punch. I think I`ll email Crutchfield though about my Ken "wood if it could" and see what they may think is wrong, before I splurge and buy.

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fat biker

Not sure if this will help or not.

If you are looking for reasonable cost...

Blaupunkt Model BPV-655 from Costco $141

Me, I`m cheap, so it`s going into my Rabbit Convertible.

fat biker

I haven`t read everybody else`s post, but I do like this man`s taste. Unless you go up to a DVD head unit, I`ve never seen anything with a higher CD signal to noise ratio than the Blaupunkt San Francisco. This is what I currently have in my truck. It is 700 retail, but I got it for 347.99 including shipping on ebay. I know it`s over your price, but I think it`s worth it. If it`s still to expensive for you, I still would recommend a Blaupunkt.

Post Thanks / Like
    your looking at the wrong pioneer for one. W/e pioneer you buy, make sure your getting the premier. Pioneer premier is a step up from the regular pioneer and youll be getting 4 volt preamp outputs. For mp3 decks, take a look at the p740 mp3, p840, and the p940. Now if you want the best hu, id suggest the pioneer p9 hu, eclipse hus(the higher end ones, not sure which models), and even though its old, the sony cdx-90 which was sony`s best hu before they went cheap on everyone.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with a few people on Blaupunkt. They make an excellent quality stereo, and quite a few models under $200, a few of those with CD. Check out the Austin...

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/receiver...01_austin.html

I would reccomend buying from crutchfied, whichever reciever you decide on. They have always treated me very well, and they carry all the parts to make it fit in your car. :xyxthumbs
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

I agree about Crutchfield though. I`ve spent hundreds of $$ with them over the years and I keep going back. Great selection, great service, and decent prices. I`d certainly give them a :up !

Anyhow, I guess I`m out of the market for a receiver now as I`ve sold my Camaro for the new G. At the time, I thought I was going to keep the car a while longer, but that was not the case. But, thanks for your help in the decisions...

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information