Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all...

I wanted to get your feedback on this issue. My wife and I recently bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer - OZ Edition. We absolutely love it, but we argree that a Sunroof/Moonroof would be awesome. Since we are planning on keeping this car for many, many years, an investment up front (while it`s new) seems the best thing to do.

Has anyone had an aftermarket sunroof installed in their car/truck/suv? I know a number of years back, they had a tendancy to leak. Is this still true?

I need some feedback. Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an aftermarket sunroof in my `94 Maxima by a company called Hollandia. From what I saw, the roof did not leak at all. Another good company is asc which makes the power sunroofs for the big three.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the el cheapo aftermarket roofs leak. Find a top notch installer and spend the $$$ on a quality roof. It will cost you more $$$, but it`s better than having the inside of your car look like it got pulled out of the river.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, this is one area where I`d talk to the dealer and find out who does their roofs. Typically the guys who work with the dealers do a great job as there are plenty of other installers who can do roofs if someone screws up.

A doc I know had a power roof installed in a new Maxima at his dealer and I was really impressed. Obviously you want to look at the installers handiwork prior to letting him work on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bretfraz [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Actually, this is one area where I`d talk to the dealer and find out who does their roofs. Typically the guys who work with the dealers do a great job as there are plenty of other installers who can do roofs if someone screws up. [/b]</blockquote>
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. I`ll check with the dealer and go from there. I`ve done some Internet searching, and it looks like it will be around $700 for a nice spoiler-type electric sunroof. Sweet. I`ll talk to the dealer as well, although there is an automotive detail/accessory place right down the street that I purchased some products from. They are very organized, clean and helpful, so I`ll see if they do it, too!

Thread Information