Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been thinking about putting in a remote starter into my 2005 GMC Canyon. Ive done a little looking around and everyone says that auto start is one of the best ways to go. I know i want a 2-way remote. The mechanic shop i go to recently hired a guy to install starters and they offer the AS-2361TW-FM and the AS-2461TW-FM models from autostart. I trust the place i go to as ive been going to them for several years now with my vehicles plus they offer lifetime warranty on parts and labor so im not worried about that.

Is there a better starter out there or am i save with the autostart?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a Viper 5701, it`s two way without the LCD screen. I like it, it`s got huge range and the fob looks relatively stock. Viper is one of the (many) alarm brands owned by Directed, and so it makes it much easier to do all the immobilizer bypassing and other nonsense that goes along with today`s vehicles. I got a crazy deal on it through work and did the install myself though, the units tend to get pretty pricey when you`re paying retail cost. My install would be easily $600 at retail cost, maybe more.

As an aside, all authorized Viper (and probably all Directed) installation places are required to offer a lifetime install warranty, and the products themselves have a lifetime warranty. So if you take it to your local big box, they will have the same sort of warranty.

Thread Information