Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I can`t believe any body with an Autopia car mentality would even consider NOT using rubber mats in the car. Would you walk around in your house with your filthy shoes on? I wouldn`t and I look at the carpeting in the cars the same way.

Heh heh, see...one more example of my Autopian Heresy!

No rubber mats in either the A8 or the S8. OK, the latter seldom goes out in nasty weather, but Accumulatorette drives the A8 daily year-round. Still running the original carpet mats, I just extract/etc. them as needed. But I guess our shoes never get all that "filthy" during the activities that car is involved in.

Actually, I don`t think I wear filthy footwear in *any* of our vehicles, I take off my boots/etc. and change into something else when I`ve taken the dogs out in the winter, even though those vehicles have rubber mats.

But you know how it is in winter weather, some stuff`s gonna get tracked in.

But for that matter, speaking of houses, our dogs have a dogdoor, and we live in a woods, so they can track in some real messes. Same as with the car`s floormats, I just clean things as necessary.

Not that I consider the floormats in our drivers to be in the same league as antique rugs, but still, I don`t sweat it, that`s what I buy extractors for...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I can`t believe any body with an Autopia car mentality would even consider NOT using rubber mats in the car. Would you walk around in your house with your filthy shoes on? I wouldn`t and I look at the carpeting in the cars the same way.

I like them in the SUV but in the cars, they look tacky to me. Carpet looks better. Not sure if its psychological or not, but it seems that carpet makes the interior more quiet.

Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Accord - Honda all-weather mats 80% of the time. Griot`s rubbercleaner once a week, little diluted 303 to keep marks away (not really slippery). Carpet ones for special occasions...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    It just occurred to me this morning that I sorta think of the floormats in my vehicles about the same way I think of the "mud rugs" in my house; they`re there to protect whatever`s underneath them more than to look nice in-and-of themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    It just occurred to me this morning that I sorta think of the floormats in my vehicles about the same way I think of the "mud rugs" in my house; they`re there to protect whatever`s underneath them more than to look nice in-and-of themselves.

Thats how I look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmatt
    Wanted to see how many Autopian`s put down rubber floor mats over their carpet floor mats in their car?

Matt, during the winter season we remove the carpeted floor mats and use some form of an all-season mat. I`ve tried a bunch of brands/variations, none are perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    .. I`ve tried a bunch of brands/variations, none are perfect.

I sure wish "bad weather mats" would better accommodate the dead-pedal area. Other than my "liner mats", which aren`t available for most cars, none of them work well for avoiding nasty messes there...if not the dead-pedal itself, the area around it always ends up needing a lot of attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information