Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m ordering Husky`s right now for my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Husky Liners in my truck as well. I only take them out when I clean them.

Post Thanks / Like
    What sucks is they don`t make tan for my car any longer so I had to go with black. But they`ll only be in in the winter time so I don`t care. Husky said they`d make me a set of tan ones but it was like double what I could get the blacks for so I went with black.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some Rubbermaid deep dish trim-to-fit mats over my carpet. Works quite well as it traps a tremendous amount of dirt, pebbles, and pine needles on my driver`s side. Gotta love the deep dish design.

I believe I got them for $20 @ Target. Also, my car had a funky chemical-ly smell in it for about 11 months...until finally one night I filled up a cup with Vinegar, let it sit overnight, and the smell was gone the next day and hasn`t returned since.

Also, my driver-side rubber mat is double Zip-tied to the seat adjustment bar under my seat...to prevent the mat from sliding forward and interfering with the pedals. Overall, I like them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some very good quality Rubbermaid mats which I purchased shortly after I got my first car in December of 2008. I feel the most important thing you should look for in a car mat is one that is deep and able to hold the water so it doesn`t go out onto the car`s carpeting or cloth mats. Every square inch of the floor/foot area should be covered! My dad has a Michelin set that has a sponge in the middle to keep water in. Before I got the Rubbermaids I was using a set of OEM Lexus mats which held no water in and thus my cloth mats were soaked. I didn`t even realize until I went to clean the rubber mats a month into winter and found my cloth mats were absolutely soaked and musty. I still can`t get the musty smell out after powerwashings!

Go to AutoCentre or whatever car shops you have in the US and look at a good set. Spend $50+ if you need to, just get something that holds the water in!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Weathertech Floor Liners, but they don`t make them for my e36, so I have WeatherTech All-Weather mats.

You really should never put mats on top of other mats. Nor do I understand why you would want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick@autoality
    I love Weathertech Floor Liners, but they don`t make them for my e36, so I have WeatherTech All-Weather mats.

You really should never put mats on top of other mats. Nor do I understand why you would want to.

:up I agree and they look good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the WeatherTech floor matts, they are awesome quality and the fit is great. I think they contour the interior better than the Husky ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my Weathertech mats...not cheap, but neither is trying to remove salt, stains and musty smells from carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put these generic (wal-mart... I am cheap!) heavy rubber mats over my carpet 365 days a year. I live in Florida. Here, they are more useful during the summer months when it rains almost everyday. Even if you walk on concrete sidewalks and paved roads all day, you`d be surprised how much mud and other nasty stuff you can track into your car after some rain. Rubber mats are definitely worth it.

Make sure you get the nice heavy kinds with deep "wells" or other features to hold liquid, rather than allow it to slide off onto your carpet. Heavy mats (or mats with OEM hooks) also prevent a condition I see in many leased BMWs and some other vehicles as a valet - people who buy cheap, floppy rubber or vinyl mats, and end up with a large mass of bunched mat under the brake pedal! This is NOT safe for obvious reasons!

I do have to say, though, that I did have to "customize" my driver`s side a bit using a hacksaw. Reason being that as they were, it wasn`t allowing my clutch pedal to go all the way down, making it tough to start the car. After cutting that bit out, I was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone that has had both Husky and Weathertech, which ones do you prefer? They seem very similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my WeatherTech Liners (NOT MATS) for my Blazer and they fit great. They actually fit PERFECT. They fit all the contours of the floor and side moldings. If I remember I`ll post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dbackfan
    For anyone that has had both Husky and Weathertech, which ones do you prefer? They seem very similar.

This reminds me that I still have the Husky ones sitting in their box I was gonna compare the two but I`ve just stuck with the WeatherTech liners.

Wild guess: it`s gonna depend on the vehicle as some matts/liners are gonna work better for a given application/pattern than others.

Sheesh...I really oughta get out those Huskies and then I could at least tell ya how the tow compare in a Yukon/Suburban.

The only issue I have with the WeatherTechs is that with the adj. pedals in the closest-to-firewall position, the presence and thickness of the liner interferes with/prevents the last iota of accelerator pedal travel. You`d have to adjust the pedals out towards the driver for drag racing but it`s not an issue most of the time.

If I finally get off my can and test-fit the Huskies, I`ll post back; maybe this`ll motivate me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that rubber car floor mats are heavy duty and serve as good protection for the interiors. I`m going to try it out myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t believe any body with an Autopia car mentality would even consider NOT using rubber mats in the car. Would you walk around in your house with your filthy shoes on? I wouldn`t and I look at the carpeting in the cars the same way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information