Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a new Lexus RX for my wife. Im doing the silver exterior for sure. Should I go with black or tan leather for the seats. Any answers, please??

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that choice on my Sky. Although I went with Black exterior, I chose the black leather over the tan leather, only because I figure it would be easier to keep clean. The only downfall, is that it does get a little hotter in the summer, but all in all, I like the black leather better. In your case, with a silver exterior, I also think the black leather would look much better than tan. To me, tan is more for a red car.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street5927
    I ..chose the black leather over the tan leather, only because I figure it would be easier to keep clean..

Ever try to clean stained light colored leather? Unless your wife is very, uhm...unusual with regard to how she`s gonna use that Lexus RX, go with a dark color. Look at any used one with light leather/carpet and I think you`ll see what I mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Black. My gf`s PT Cruiser has a light tan/khaki leather interior. It`s impossible to keep or get clean. It really is. Go with the black, trust me. I`m NEVER having a light colored interior again. HUGE mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few cars I keep clean are lighter colored leather, and while it does show dirt, I don`t think its any harder to clean. Its all plastic coated leather now anyway. I just think black leather looks better on a silver car. Tan is nice on white cars, that`s about it. If it was between grey and black it would be a harder choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Black leather looks GREAT in white cars

Post Thanks / Like
    my votes goes for black .......:nomore:

its seems awesome when white car have black cover ....

but i have a suggestion too ........

you may have a consult with your wife if possible ......:nixweiss

it will be her car & her choice should be prefer .....

Post Thanks / Like
    While I prefer the look of the tan interiors, the tan interior on my TSX has been a PITA with dye transfer from day one. I do wear a lot of jeans though.

My next car will have dark colored leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Light colored leathers will need to be cleaned VERY often to keep it looking great. Actually this is true for all leathers, even black, but is especially true for light colored leather.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    go tan. women wear clothes that can put little scratches on leather, dont show up on tan but do on black. that lexus leather is sooooo cheap too, probably the worst quality of all the luxury cars imo. The rx is so played though bro, go with the cayenne.
    mobile auto detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    One more for black interior.. It looks better with silver and easier to keep clean..

Not only the leather but the carpets and plastic in a tan interior reveals every spot of dirt..

I had a black car(non metallic) with a tan interior, looks nice when everything is perfect, but boy was it terrible to keep up, drove me nuts and I sold the car after 2 years.. Never again will I get a black exterior or tan interior...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`d go with a dark leather too. Accumulatorette`s interiors are aways black or dark blue and they stay nice with minimal upkeep (and her cars get used pretty hard over long periods of time). I have light gray interiors in three of the other vehicles (including both dog-haulers ) and they`re a lot more work.

Also, give some thought to the carpet color that comes with a given upholstery (color) choice; dark leather often comes with dark (i.e., easy to keep looking decent) carpeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcities
    that lexus leather is sooooo cheap too, probably the worst quality of all the luxury cars imo. The rx is so played though bro, go with the cayenne.

Well, at least the leather in Lexus is better than the pre-moistened cardboard in the domestic "luxury" brands. On the Cayenne, have you seen the resale on those things...yikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a metallic grey car, very silvery, with a black leather interior. I cant even imagine it being tan... I`d go black & silver.

Get the black and a 35% window tint, and in addition to not getting dirty, it will never be hot to sit on in the summer either. Mine isn`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new 2010 RX:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information