Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to go out on a limb and say Tan Leather! I like the look of it better, it seems more luxerious to me. Black Leather just doesn`t do it for me.

I agree though black leather doesn`t seem to show dirt as much as tan leather, but both should be cleaned equally as often!

Dark colored cars IMHO should have a lighter colored leather and the opposite should hold true for lighter cars...

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that with silver paint Lexus offers light grey leather, not tan. The light grey leather looks great and I prefer it to black. It is not difficult to keep clean as it is urethane coated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a two tone black and tan option. Lol I have tan leather on my white car, but sometimes I wish my dashboard was still black.

Post Thanks / Like
    black leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a car with tan leather before, and I never will again. Light interior show everything. I`ll only do black when it comes to interiors from now on

Post Thanks / Like
    it all depends. do you want to see the dirt or not. they both will get the same exposure to it :think:. i currently have three vehicles with tan leather. the CTS (daily driver) and C6 are very light (cashmere) and the Avalanche is alittle darker. i have no issues with light leather. it looks great on a white vehicle IMHO. much cooler also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always prefer Black leather only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Black 4 sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    BLACK!!!. No really, black. I hate not bought many cars because they have tan interiors. I absolutely hate it. So here is another vote for black, or grey, or anything but tan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you live? I know it`s already been mentioned, but the black interior can get REALLY hot when it`s sunny out. I had a friend in AZ that actually suffered burns as a result of his interior. The guy was a bit of a spark-plug himself; he ended up trashing that car instead of replacing the interior and snagging a new Toyota Camry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyled
    I had a friend in AZ that actually suffered burns as a result of his interior..

BTDT, used to train at various things in AZ during the summer..learned the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Silver and tan? Maybe if it has that pearly topcoat? I dunno, If I get silver it will be black int.

In my past experience I`ve had two grey interiors, two tan and one black.

I vote tan because dust shows less on the dash, and it isn`t that much harder to keep clean if you are just smart about it. If she doesn`t do her makeup in the car and put her purse onthe pass seat you should be good. Women buy lots of new clothes that transfer dyes becaue of the new-ness (especially those damm dark wash jeans). Really, people just think tan is so much harder to keep clean. I think the opposite.

Leatherique will be your best friend. I personally think black is much harder to maintain because any inconsistency in dressing application/dust will show much more easily.

Oh, it does stay cooler.
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this thread is almost 2 years old, we never did find out what the OP went with. But id go with black, as it can hide more imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have problems because the leather has a vinyl coating. Also, only the perforated parts are leather. The rest is plastic. I added black Lariat seats in my tan interior. Not bad, since the rest of the CAR is black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information