Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking of adding the Sirius SCV1 Backseat TV system to my factory installed Family Entertainment System in my 2008 Expedition. I don`t want any extra wires showing or remotes floating around the truck. I see the system is being factory installed in Chrysler/Jeep products. Does anyone know if it can be installed in Ford without it showing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Having not installed one of these yet, I can pretty confidently say that it is possible to have "few" wires showing, but there will have to be some, but it can be minimized by a good shop.

Let me clarify that, the only wires that will *have* to be visible is the little controller, it appears that`s what controls the stations and such. Depending on your install, they could hide that in the center console or something, so it could be somewhat hidden.

The other particulars of the system would be up to your discretion. Where the audio goes, etc. I don`t know the particulars of your car, but if the screen takes input from the factory head unit it should be possible to tap into that line for the sirius with a switch to switch between the two. Otherwise it`ll have to go into an aux rca jack.

Thread Information