Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

I am looking to install some subs into my Ford Explorer. I already installed new door speakers and am a good woodworker and mechanic so building a mounting box for the subs and installing the system is no problem. My price range is $300 and I need some info on what equipment/brands are recommended or needed to run off a stock radio.

Thanks,

-Steel

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of quality brands/equipment out there. I`d recommend visiting a few quality shops and listening to different things in person. Everyone`s preference is going to be different.

*I* prefer JL subs but they might run a hair higher than your budget (that`s why I`m not running them right now ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive decided to go with two Kicker 10" Comp VR subs.

They have a peak watt of 800 so when I am looking for an amp should I go with a mono and connect the two subs together or a 2 channel with each sub having its own line?

And if the amp specs say it has a peak music power of 760W but a continuous power of 125W (@4ohm) is this a good fit for the 2 subs?

It seems like I should get an amp with a continuous wattage closer to the mid-high range of the sub (5-600W), or am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    This amp wired @ 2 ohms will give those 10`s all they need (325w RMS to each sub)

Cadence TXA-1000D - Cadence Class D Mono Power 1000 Watt Amplifier

*Note Cadence underrates there amps* also note they rate there amps @13.8 volts not 14.4 volts like many do. How many car`s have charging systems that stay at 14.4 volts? I know mine stays around 13.6-13.8. Guaranteed CLEAN power.

Edit: Found the same amp on Cadence ebay page (little more but free shipping)

CADENCE 1000 WATT RMS @ 1 OHM CLASS D POWER AMPLIFIER - eBay (item 260327582625 end time Dec-15-08 10:01:10 PST)
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Thread Information