Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys i have one quick question for yall about buying some new car speakers for my truck.

I`m looking at pioneer`s stuff on crutchfield and what i have found is that they have 2-way, 3-way and 4-way speakers that fit my truck. I do not have a whole lot of money to go all out on the speakers so i was looking at the 3-way to put in the front panels.

What my question is, is do i put 2-ways in the pilar 2 spot, which is just behind the seats (its a single cab) or do i put 3-ways back there too?

the money difference for that part really isn`t a big deal, i just didn`t want to go putting big subs back there, especially because i listen to classic rock versus the music where big subs make a huge difference.

Thanks, Aviator
    Acupuncture...a jab well done

Post Thanks / Like
    The "2 or 3" way part of the speaker has nothing to do with the bass of the speaker. The extra 2 or 3 or sometimes 4 way of a speaker is extra midranges or tweeters for extra detail.

The addition of extra midranges or tweeters is often a cheap marketing ploy to make the speakers more appealing to buyers. The extra drivers in the frame are often cheap and of little quality.

Go pick up some CDT coaxials (2-way) and you will be much happier. You really dont want much high frequency sound coming from the rear anyway.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Go listen to some speakers at a local store. Buying speakers from a catalog is about the same as buying shoes mail order.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on the CDT rec. I have CDT components in all of my vehicles. Go to WoofersEtc.com - The Online Car Audio Super Store, The largest selection at the lowest prices! You can pick up a pair for $99. They will blow away anything in that price range. There are plenty of other really good brands too like Focal, Hybrid, etc. But for the money, I think CDT is the best. I only put components in the front stage. I think the extra hassle of installation is worth it. For rear fill, there are different opinions. Some people say that it doesn`t matter at all. A lot of high-end installations will completely do away with the rear stage. If you do opt for rear fill then a high quality set of coax would be fine.

While I agree that listening to speakers in person is great, sometimes it`s difficult to do. Going down to your local box store and listening to a wall of speakers doesn`t really tell you much about how they will sound in YOUR vehicle. There are so many factors. A better independent shop will give you a better idea. They at least will probably have them set up properly. The best would be to listen to them installed in a vehicle. That will give you an accurate representation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow guys thanks the info.

Brandon1; I understand the differences with the 2-way 3-ways w/ the midtones etc. Thats why i was thinking about the 2-way in the back, because my speakers, being right behing my seat, would not do any good to have 3-ways back there because the extra tweeters would be soaked up by the seats. At least thats what i`m guessing. but definitely thanks for the help

Togorashi; My friends works in the car audio area or something so i`m getting an excellent deal on which ever speakers i choose. I went to crutchfield because they pick your car and what fits.

Yakky; i will definitely do that, that didn`t even cross my mind, oddly enough... that is almost common sense thanks.

Thanks guys, Aviator

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t completely trust crutchfield`s measurement--they are right most of time, but I had a chrysler lebaron w/ 6" door speakers, crutchfield would only show me 5 1/4" when jl makes 6" components, and crutchfield sells jl--lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha ya well i had measured the speakers in my truck and what crutchfield came up with seemed to be right, thanks though

Thread Information