Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any input on MTX speakers vs. kicker speakers - NOT SUBS, but speakers...

I really like the MTX speakers I have in one car, but was told that Kicker is just as good....

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer MTX myself. But unless you know what your listening for, I doubt that you will hear a very big difference in the two brand speakers. Get a good source unit and signal processor and you will be good.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually on the other end of the spectrum, I dont like either but if given the choice, i`d go Kicker. MTX has really gone downhill in quality.

Try something from Image Dynamics, Elemental Designs or CDT
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Its really personal preference. I myself prefer MB Quart and CDT but the kicker line is not bad.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally have boston acoustic speakers in my car. My buddy has a kicker subwoofer in his car and it rocks. But neither MTX or kicker are high-end car speakers. If you can listen to them at a car stereo place, try it. Take your favorite cd and test it between those speakers. In high-end speakers (polk, ADS, boston acoustics......) you can really experience the subtle nuances that make them worth their price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    I am actually on the other end of the spectrum, I dont like either but if given the choice, i`d go Kicker. MTX has really gone downhill in quality.

This man really knows what hes talking about. I have CDT components being powered by an e.D amp and they sound amaaaziiinggg
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    My kicker set up has been reliable for almost 7 years, and I have put them through pure hell. My 15" kicker comp has been through 3 cars and is about to move to its fourth. It`s been on the same Phoenix Gold amp too.

I have never bought any MTX speakers but my buddy has, and I wasnt really impressed with the sound quality. And that was with a really nice Alpine deck.

So I can tell you that Kicker stuff last`s awhile.
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have MTX subs and they were OK, but I bought Kicker KS46s and KS60s for the doors and got a kicker sub and amp and it sounds great. I dont really like MTX that much but that was the sub, not the mids...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had MTX subs years ago when I was in High school, as they were cheap and loud. Once I got some money I got Kicker Comp Subs which blew the MTXs out of the water.

AS far as speakers, I would say Kickers as MTX is more a budget bargain brand anymore.

Personally I Like MB Quart and Diamond Audio the best and only use them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1

Best suggestion so far. Elemental`s speakers (sans subwoofers) are designed by CDT as well. I have been using CDT speakers for years and feel they do offer the best set up in a component set (tweeters, woofers, crossovers in one package). There are many others that offer great packages including ADS, Focal, MB Quart, Dynaudio etc. I would stay away from the big box store brands as you can do much better for your money elsewhere. If your willing to add electronic crossovers you can build your own component set with very nice speakers for relatively low cost. DIY Mobile Audio - DIY Mobile Audio is a great place to read up on avaialble speakers and how to implement them in your vehicle. I do agree that Elemental will offer you great bang for the buck with a simple to install package. The DIY route does take hours of tuning to get right but offers increadible sound when finished. I am no expert on the DIY route but the gentlement over at DIY audio are always willing to help (they helped me turn my CDT set into an actively crossed component set and it sounds much better than when I had it set up with passives) One thing to note when installing aftermarket speakers is that you should sound dampen the doors before upgrading the speakers. You will be surprised how mcuh better even your factory speakers will sound in a properly dampened door.

EDIT: Also CDT offers "braxial" style mounting if you were considering coaxial style speakers. The braxials reportedly sound much better than standard coaxial although I have no personal experience with them to say otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    my vote is kicker.

i dont run there components but i do have a set of 12l7`s and they take a pounding.

not the best sub i know but a good bang for the buck.. especially over the MTX in my opinion
    " customize your ride "

-- visit us online --

www.TRIPLEXDECALS.com

Post Thanks / Like
    CDT EuroSports for me for the last 5 years

Post Thanks / Like
    kickers on this one but mb quart and infinity kappa are great when it comes to quality

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a MTX7500 sub and some rear MTX door speakers. Im running the door speakers on my stock Infinity Amp in my Jeep and they sound ok to me. I dont run much bass at all to them since my front speakers are still stock components. The way they set my speaker system up from the factory makes it kinda $$ to replace the front speakers+tweeters since the amps(and crossovers) are actually mounted on the front speakers. Dont want to spend the $$ to put a 4 channel amp in at the moment.

I wasnt really looking for something to beat my brains out so Im satisfied with my system.

I dont have the #`s on the speaker but I was really looking to improve my highs.

2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give the Phoenix Gold SD series a try. Very good speaker for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information