Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, im looking at new stereo head units for my truck. Im not very good at this kinda stuff so im gonna ask you stereo guru type people. Ive always had a soft spot for Alpine stereos, however, is there anything of better quality out there for the same price? At this time i do not intend on hooking up any kind of sub woofer or amplifier to my truck, but that may be done down the road.

Here is a CD head unit im currently looking at for my truck. Id like you guys to tell me the goods and bads about this unit as well as if there is anything better or more fully featured as this, i do NOT want to lack on quality!!

Again, if you guys know of another head unit thats better quality and/or more fully featured than this , feel free to link me to it, but remember, i do NOT want to lack in sound or unit quality.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - CDA-9887
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig

1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig

1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Post Thanks / Like
    Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV

Great, great site for car audio. They have reviews for tons of products and have really great customer service. I`ve bought speakers and a sub from them and really like them.

Edit: Just checked the unit you listed above and its got 4/5 stars. Shop around on CF and see what you can find.
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Alpine, and I like it. It`s like the Honda of CD players, it does everything really well with no frills.

That being said, if you are powering the speakers from the CD player, the only thing you should consider is Pioneer. Their internal 22x4 amp is the strongest and cleanest in any CD player, period. It drives factory and aftermarket speakers wayyy better than any other internal amp. It also has crossovers internally that allow you to remove the super low notes from your speakers, allowing them to play louder and cleaner.

Check them out. Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Bakeware, Car electronics, Home Audio, Speakers, Receivers and Home Theater Systems, Compare Prices, customer and user reviews, Features, Accessories, Specifications and WoofersEtc.com - The Online Car Audio Super Store, The largest selection at the lowest prices! are the cheapest, but Crutchfield sends a install kit and harness with their CD players.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Pioneer. I have the Pioneer Premier color HU with bluetooth and the Ipod interface. I ordered everything from sonicelectronix.com and they sent a free wiring harness and a free mounting kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alpine is the best in my opinion, keenwood is good and pioneer is good but ill stick to alpine quality is great

Post Thanks / Like
    alpine is over rated. still make nice equipment but there are others. i use eclipse, and would consider nakamichi, or high end kenwoods to be good products. before you buy anything make a plan of what you want your final stereo to be. seek the assists of a good local custom installer to help you plan and progress in steps toward the goal you set.

Thread Information