Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
YoMike- In that diagram, the V1 icon says "Valentine 1 *REMOTE* " The "remote" part is what costs the big bucks- they take it apart and hook up the receiver via a cable so that part of it can be mounted in the grill/etc. (other part of diagram, the icon on the car`s front end near the word "front") instead of looking through the windshield. You`re basically paying them to hook up the receiver to a cable. No way I`d want to disassemble a V1 and try to do that myself!

It still leaves me wondering if I`d need a second unit for rear coverage, and the loss of performance from having the receivers down low makes it not worth it to me unless I`m doing this specific (potential) project where I don`t want it visible. In most cases I truly believe it`s an answer in search of a question, but then I don`t live somewhere where detectors are illegal either.

Actually it looks like they just put the whole detector up front in a water tight box. They didn`t take it apart at all. The remote unit is just another accessory you can by from Valentine.

Hardly worth the addition 500 dollars IMO.