Post Thanks / Like
    hi i just bought a spare command for my car 2006 E-350 and to my dismay the screen has more scratches than i care for. i believe its an lcd type screen. is there anyway to either replace the screen or to get the scratches out. it may not be as bad as i see it but im a perfectionist so it really bothers me.

thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you are in luck. A few months ago I scratched the hell out of my Canon digital camera . The screen was bad . So I first put a little car wax to try to fix it . Made it worst . Then a friend of mine told me to use tooth paste . Now I really mess it up good . So I look in the web and somewhere this guy fix his Ipod with ::sosad Silver or Brass polish. You heard right . At first I was very skeptical to use it . I thought it was going to melt the screen and really kill the camera . But hell the screen was shot so I gave it a little elbow grease . I use a soft very thin cotton rag and some Brasso that is what I have here in Chile . the first few minutes nothing really happens but then suddenly the screen started to come to life again . It was like a miracle in front of my eyes . It took me maybe 20 minutes and the screen was 100% perfect . Not a trace of anything . I have used it in watches , Plexiglass etc and always works perfect . Give it a try and let me know .:hifive:

Cheers , Jean Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, i know what you mean, i too find it pretty hard to used brass cleaner. i will try it as a last resort though.

thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    `i read an url that the person used brasso to fix the scratches on his ipod. so its not such a far fetch idea after all. the problem i see is the ipod has a hard plastic covering over the screen so in fact your not really touching the screen itself. im not sure whats the surface is on a mercedes e-350 command screen. so at this time im a bit chicken to try it.`

Thread Information