Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone I bought a system to put in my c240 Benz but i have no clue how to put it in. Its different than other cars. My backseat doesn`t fold down and don`t know how i am gonna run the RCAs and the power cords . If anybody can help me i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the C240, my older MB has a solid steel wall behind the seats.

Here is a question that might help you....

How do the wires for the rear lights and trunk release get back there? Answer this and I think you`ll be on your way

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea you have a point but everything is so tight compared to other cars that I`ve done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take It To A Shop Dont Waste Time Doing It Yourself On A Merc Or Any Other High End Car You Will Do More Damage Than Good If You Dnt Really Know What You Are Doing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not true, you can do it better than a shop can anyday.

Just go up on a Benz forum and look for writeups on sub-instalations.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingT
    Take It To A Shop Dont Waste Time Doing It Yourself On A Merc Or Any Other High End Car You Will Do More Damage Than Good If You Dnt Really Know What You Are Doing

+1 .... If you don`t have a clue you WILL do more damage than good. If you are mechanically /electrically inclined then you may try it yourself. There are more elements involved that just hooking up wires. To someone that knows what they are doing it is rather straightforward. I`m sure there is an external amplifier that runs that stereo in there already. There are A LOT of wires going in and coming out and are not labeled. A schematic would be required. Also, you approached getting a subwoofer for the car completely backwards... Do some homework first. What setups others have in the same car and then go from there. The same equipment in one car will sound COMPLETELY different in another. Best of Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this thread is about a month and a half old, but having worked for an audio shop, mercedes can be a pain to install systems into. We had a heck of a time trying to get a Alpine hide-away unit to work properly, but running wires isnt that bad for a system. Most installs will require the removal of the backseat or someone going fishing in the trunk. Also, the biggest headache for any system when trying to use a stock deck is using high/low level adapters. They works ok, but dont off the control that an aftermarket deck offers. Sorry for posting in this old thread.

Thread Information