Post Thanks / Like
    Well, a "friend" of mine puked on the rear driver side door and a little bit on the carpet as well. I`ve tried cleaning it with a carpet cleaner in the form of foam and spraying all kinds of fresheners over it but the smell is still there!!! I need a helping hand here.

I have searched for days on the forums and for the moment I`ve bought Meguiar`s car odor eliminator, Febreze odor eliminator (just in case) and I`m about to order some Meguiar`s All purpose cleaner to use it on the carpet, floormat, my leather seats and on the doors. It says on Autogeek.net website that this is good for all of that so I trust them.

Anything else I can use beside all of that guys? Also with the help of Todd aka TH0001, I`m now looking for an ozone generator but can find a store or someone who has one for rent.

If someone or some company near Orlando has one for rent, please chime in! :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know if this works or not, but i`ll chime in.

I have heard of people putting a bag of charcoal in the car for a day or so and that absorbs the odor. I have a customer who left fish from fishing in his SUV. He forgot about them for the weekend and you can guess the rest. He tried everything like you did and had no luck. My boss suggested he get a bag of charcoal and lay it down, cut a slit in the top and open it up so that the charcoal could do its job. The smell went away.

My Sis in Law bougt a rug that stunk, i had her roll it up w a bag of charcoal in the middle and it worked for her as well.

Good Luck with getting the puke out, next time send your friend home in a cab I`m just assuming he may have had too much to drink. Been there done that, well, not in a car.

Good Luck,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you guessed it right. He had way too much to drink and knew this was coming. I gave him a bag to throw up there and I suppose he was too drunk to remember that. Lets just say that I don`t wanna see him for a while.

Charcoal huh, hmmmm I might try that if no one has anything bad to say about that method.

Anything else guys???

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if it will work but try Folex to clean the carpet. There are odor bombs you can use to get the smell out. I have seen them on some website. There are so many damn sites I forgot which ones they are on. Hopefully some one will get in here and say what site they are at. Try the Folex, you can get it at Home Depot

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charcoal is a good idea along with the odor bombs. I`d also try putting some baking soda on a tin pie plate and then letting that sit inside the car for a while. It can`t hurt. Sorry to hear about this, it`s never pleasant to deal with.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    I don`t know if it will work but try Folex to clean the carpet. There are odor bombs you can use to get the smell out. I have seen them on some website. There are so many damn sites I forgot which ones they are on. Hopefully some one will get in here and say what site they are at. Try the Folex, you can get it at Home Depot

-Weird, I couldn`t find the product Folex on the Home Depot website but I think I`ve seen it before there, I`ll go and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kenobi
    Charcoal is a good idea along with the odor bombs. I`d also try putting some baking soda on a tin pie plate and then letting that sit inside the car for a while. It can`t hurt. Sorry to hear about this, it`s never pleasant to deal with.

- Yeah I will try putting some bakind soda or charcoal on my car tonight to see if it works.

For the moment I will spray on some febreze odor eliminator until it dries up, then tomorrow another scrub down of the carpets with Meguiars All purpose cleaner.

I may buy some Odor Terminator to finish the job. Hopefully that will work. I`m still searching for a place to rent an ozone generator. I never thought it was so difficult finding one where I live and I don`t wanna buy one to use it just once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Sams Club and get some Odoban it works wonders ....I mix it in the steam cleaner then extract it then lightly spray it on again

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a enzyme rug cleaner..it will attack the odor causing molecules....may have to do it a few times....get a professional type....works much better than a store one...it will cost more but will do the job....look at janitoril supplies or rug centers...

I have used this product and it works....used on various smelling substances besides urine

Matrix Bottom Line Pet Odor Eliminator

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    Get a enzyme rug cleaner..it will attack the odor causing molecules....may have to do it a few times....get a professional type....works much better than a store one...it will cost more but will do the job....look at janitoril supplies or rug centers...

I have used this product and it works....used on various smelling substances besides urine

AL
    AL`s right, you need to use an enzyme based cleaner, this will remove the source of the odor rather than simply masking it. One place you could try would be your local veterinary surgery. They normally sell some kind of enzyme cleaner as it also works for cleaning animal waste etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bad venge
    Go to Sams Club and get some Odoban it works wonders ....I mix it in the steam cleaner then extract it then lightly spray it on again

-Hmmm, I just looked at this and it sounds great plus it`s cheap. Although it doesn`t say anything about being an enzyme type cleaner, but who knows it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53

AL

-That`s what i`m looking for right now, an enzyme rug cleaner. I tried to find one yesterday that didn`t smell like lemon, orange, or that pet smell but I guess being in a pet store doesn`t help at all hehe. I may just buy one and get it over and done with quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by charger17
    AL`s right, you need to use an enzyme based cleaner, this will remove the source of the odor rather than simply masking it. One place you could try would be your local veterinary surgery. They normally sell some kind of enzyme cleaner as it also works for cleaning animal waste etc

-Thanks, I`ll look into that tomorrow.

Thank you for your responses for my rug problem. I believe I know now how to deal with this matter.

Now what about my door panel. What else can I use beside my All purpose cleaner to get rid of that nasty smell on plastic and also on the seatbelt???? Any thoughts on that???

Post Thanks / Like
    use the enzyme cleaner on the seat belt....it may work on the plastics also..since rug is a plastic in a way..or get the Lysol Disinfectant liquid stuff in a bottle..its red and you add it to water....its a 16oz bottle..they sell it at wal mart here...it works good..its a anti bacterial and a cleaner...smells like a hospital..but that`s better than a ripened puke smell...lol.....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Thanks Al, I`m going to buy an enzyme cleaner right away!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After Hurricane Katrina, we put charcoal and baking soda in the refrigerators to get the rotten smell out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip! Yeah since that accident, I have a box of the baking soda, the one that you place inside the fridge, in my car. The smell is almost gone except on the seatbelt so one of these days I will have to clean it again and hopefully for the last time.

Thread Information