Thread: Painted Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a dash I painted for one of my friends. He bought it from a guy that said he sanded all the texture off of it but actually it seems that he just filled it all up with primer. Anyway, basically all I did was scuff it and spray it. I didn`t realize before I started that it was single stage and ended up putting it in Sata, which isn`t really setup for SS paint. On the small pieces I had enough paint to put it on really thick and make it flow but ran out before I could get a good thick coat on the dash. The first 2 pictures are with single stage only and I was able to get the paint to flow because I was able to put it on thick but the dash was a different story. I had to come back the next day and sand and clear because I ran out of paint. I absolutely love the color. I wish the closeup had shown the pearl flakes in the paint. They have a purple and pink tint to them. You can somewhat see them. I wanna paint a car this color Anyway, here are the shots I took. And yes, the dash is setting on an old tractor, I had to set it somewhere outside to completely cure and that was the only place where the front of the dash wouldn`t rest on something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job man!
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome paint job on the dash parts! I really like that color.:2thumbs:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to have a car painted that color also, that is a bad a$$ color. Nice job

Post Thanks / Like
    The next time I paint my truck I`m going 2 tone and I think this will be the top color and I may do some shade of silver on the bottom. Haven`t decided yet though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any installed pix? That paint job looks SWEET

Post Thanks / Like
    The paint job looks great. However, if that`s the actual interior dash, how would one ever drive in the sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    He hasn`t touched the dash since I took it back to him. What kinda aggrevates me is that he didn`t give me a few of the pieces that go with it and I don`t have anymore of that paint so I`ll probably have to re-paint the whole thing.

And yes....it is the interior dash. I`ve got mine painted and I have no problems with the sun but I designed it where I wouldn`t have any reflections into the windshield or back at me if the sun hit it. This particular one looks pretty cool being painted and all but it`s gonna be hell when the sun reflects in your eyes. I really don`t know of them driving the truck for the past few years anyway so I guess it isn`t a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice, th color looks like flint mica from scion

Thread Information