Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ok well I had a MTX set up before it was stolen... I am in the need of some more bass. I am only looking at maybe a 1 amp 1 sub set up. I want some bump but no need to blow the windows out. Maybe under $200. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

An Amp for my sub and my Highs would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a whole set up for $200. Not just an AMP.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a pretty tight budget for a quality 4-channel amp and subwoofer. You can get into a 12" sub from Elemental Designs for $25 (EQHS12). Their 4-channel (NINe.4) comes in at $245, so that blows the budget a little. Parts Express is currently blowing out Buttkicker sub amps for $88 if you can forgo the 4-channel. You could also probably pick up something used and get under the $200 mark for an amp and sub, so you might check eBay and see what`s out there. I find brands are really a matter of personal preference, feature sets and installation requirements. You might check out the CarSound forums and get some feedback from there as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t really buy a whole setup for $200. My brother got a 600 watt rms sub, amp, box, and wiring for close to $1,000. If I was you, I would save up a little more and get something better than $200 worth of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check woofersetc.com for some good 2-ch amps. Elemental Makes some great subs, but some of the best and cheapest can be had at CarAudioForum.com - The Car Audio Forum classified section. Great deals there.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t need a 4 chan. amp. 2 would be fine. Thats what I had, and the AMP wiring kit is still in my trunk from when they stolen my subs and amps. Also, thanks guys for the help

What kind of brands should I stay away from? I always was the guy that stayed with MTX cause I knew it worked well.

Post Thanks / Like
    your first post said an amp for your highs and a sub . . so what are you looking for an amp for just your subs?? or just your highs???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    I don`t need a 4 chan. amp. 2 would be fine. Thats what I had, and the AMP wiring kit is still in my trunk from when they stolen my subs and amps. Also, thanks guys for the help

What kind of brands should I stay away from? I always was the guy that stayed with MTX cause I knew it worked well.

Honestly, stay away from audiobahn, pyle, legacy, bazooka, mtx, sony, or stuff like that. Bottom end stuff IMO.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Elite - Arc, Audison, Brax, Helix, Linear Power, McIntosh, Milbert, Phass, Sinfoni, Tru Technology, US Amps(os), Zapco, Crossfire

Quality - Alpine, Cadence, Infinity, JL Audio, Kicker, Memphis, MTX, Phoenix Gold, Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream,Eclipse,MMats

Value - Clarion, HiFonics, JBL, Profile,

Poor - Audiobahn, Boss, Lighting Audio, MA Audio, Pyramid, Road Gear, Rockwood, Son

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an amp for my lows is good. A nice set up that will work with each other would be nice.

One amp, and a 10" or 12" is all I need. A nice bump combo.

Also, I don`t believe MTX is anywhere NEAR bottom end stuff. But to each his own.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to hit up ebay because your definatly not going to get anything worth a crap for only $200. Hell the wiring alone will cost you most of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Just an amp for my lows is good. A nice set up that will work with each other would be nice.

One amp, and a 10" or 12" is all I need. A nice bump combo.

Also, I don`t believe MTX is anywhere NEAR bottom end stuff. But to each his own.

You dont know better till you hear it. I had some Rockfords that I thought sounded great, till I heard an Elemental. Most mainstream companies are mostly for mass-market stuff, not audiophiles.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I had MTX subs and amp before it was stolen and it was good compared to what other "JUNK" I heard. And like I said before. I have the wires already. And I got my 2" mtx and amp in a enclosed box for $100. So the deals are out there, just gotta look.

/thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information